22 43.14%
  • In 2D

25 49.02%
  • At home on DVD/BluRay

0 0%
  • I don't want to watch it at all

4 7.84%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: How do you want to watch DOTM: 3D or 2D?

midnight session = 2d
    morning session = 3d

Watching the sample clips in 3D at BotCon, I'll be watching it in 3D once only, just to see the difference. Every other viewing will be in 2D.
    Why?
    Well, both 3D glasses we were given (regular type of specs, and the TFs cinemask) obscured the overall view/line of sight. The regular specs sit away from the eyes and have the frames around the lenses, which really bugged me as it was in the line of sight, especially between the eyes - it's not easy to ignore (During scenes of 'wall-to-wall action on that big screen, I kept having to push them closer to my face to get as much of the obstruction out of the way).
    The Cinemask also has black frames on the nose sides of each lense, but has an angled lense on the far edges which also created some distorted viewing (and presses really hard against the nose).
    And neither are any good for people who wear glasses... as they both don't give enough room for your own glasses, without pushing the 3D glasses further away from your eyes, creating even more obstruction with the frames.

And to be honest, I wasn't that impressed about the 3D aspect anyway. After a couple of minutes, you don't even notice it being any different, as you're too busy taking in what is going on and looking at all the action and CG effects (which is difficult to do when the 3D glasses & masks are preventing a full line of sight of the entire screen.
    Unless a movie tries to play up the 3D effect by intentionally aiming stuff at the camera (like in some of the early 3D movies), it's just a wasted (expensive) gimmick. And even then, only those scenes are the pay-off of that gimmick - but the entire movie has to be filmed and screened/viewed that way.
    IMO short 'films' like on themepark rides, have been the best usage of 3D filming that I have seen so far (compared to full-length movies done in 3D).

(this opinion may change once I see the entire movie in both formats, but so far, I haven't been impressed enough to recommend it)

I bought the Optimus Prime cinemask and it was really small... even when I tried wearing it with my glasses off, it was squeezing my face. I don't even know how any adult can wear that thing. Unless the American cinemasks are bigger than ours?

They might have been designed for children. Or you have a big head

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I bought the Optimus Prime cinemask and it was really small... even when I tried wearing it with my glasses off, it was squeezing my face. I don't even know how any adult can wear that thing. Unless the American cinemasks are bigger than ours?
    Wait didn't you already buy a Cinemask before? Why buy 2?

@Fonecrusher

What a convincing article. If I got plenty of dough, I reckon I'll watch DOTM in both modes, but want 2D first as like Gok I have to wear glasses. When I watch it in 3d though I'm making my own custom 3d glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Wait didn't you already buy a Cinemask before? Why buy 2?
    One Optimus, one Bumblee.

Kidding - I just bought the one Optimus mask, and that's the one I'm talking about. I've long since refunded it though, so I don't have it anymore. Most regrettable, cos I was seriously looking forward to wearing it!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One Optimus, one Bumblee.

Kidding - I just bought the one Optimus mask, and that's the one I'm talking about. I've long since refunded it though, so I don't have it anymore. Most regrettable, cos I was seriously looking forward to wearing it!
    i'm sure you could create some sort of mod out of one that would fit your head!