Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LucasArts is no more

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    As I said in FB:

As much as it saddens me, this is expected. Since Episode I when they started to almost exclusively focus on 'movie promoting' mediocre SW games, it was all down hill from there as all the talent walked and creativity plummeted.

Since Lucas Arts has been below mediocrity for at least a decade, I don't blame Disney for cutting their loses. There was a time where game quality was very important but unfurtunately, LucasArts was a casualty of the 'prequel' era as that's when stuff started to go south for them. Forced to make too many mediocre prequel promoting games that caused the talent to abandon ship.
    ^This

I'll always love lucasarts but they really were just dead weight for the better part of the 2000's and up. And Disney have showed that they are willing to play nice with other publishers (We wouldn't have got MVC3 if not for disney allowing someone other than Activison or sega strangle the marvel license.)

Don't forget the Ducktales remake! I'll wait and see if this is an "evil" Disney or "awesome" disney move.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

TIE Fighter definitely ranks up there as one of the best games ever. A bit sad as 1313 and First Assault looked promising but hopefully some good will come out of this. Most of the best Star Wars games were licensed anyway so removing the focus from internal development may pave the way for more quality licensed games. Even better, some of the older IPs may see the light of day again too, Day of the Tentacle, more Sam and Max and Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle...

Would love to see DoubleFine pick up the Grim Fandango licence...