Thread: Movie Nightmare Megatron images

Default Movie Nightmare Megatron images

This toy was first revealed around the middle of the year, probably at the mid-year Tokyo toy Fest, but since it was a Movie Megatron toy that didn't appear to be much different to the 2012 Dark Energon Megatron toy, and wasn't a deco that appeared in anything Movie-releated, it didn't generate much interest.

As such, we went past it's original release date last month and I didn't even realise that it had been delayed to the end of November.

It is one of many TakaraTomyMall exclusives lately, and the official images can be seen here... while the first in-hand image (of it in box) can be seen here.
    It isn't a clear photo so far, and we'll need to see one out of packaging, but compared to the 2012 version, the box is almost identical, and I couldn't see anything obviously different about the toy.

It was 15,000yen at TakaraTomyMall (about AU$175), which isn't cheap, so maybe the Hasbro Asian units will be less. There are 2000 units being sold by TTM, but there is no idea how many units Hasbro Asia did.

...i was not expecting them re using Dark Energon Megatron Box...but then why not it was a copy of that version after all

He's not cheap. It's over AU$150 here too (HK$850). ActionRobo had (as of yesterday) a whole case of him on display.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    He's not cheap. It's over AU$150 here too (HK$850). ActionRobo had (as of yesterday) a whole case of him on display.
    well i bought my Dark Energon Megatron for 140aud in 2012 as my bday present for myself...was thinking it was better against overpriced ROTF Megs going at about 200aud at that time.

I'm a bit on the fence about this guy. What do you guys think? I've always been interested in RotF Megatron and this is the best chance of getting one without paying ridiculous aftermarket prices. I'm thinking he'll go nicely with my Leader Megatron collection.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    I'm a bit on the fence about this guy. What do you guys think? I've always been interested in RotF Megatron and this is the best chance of getting one without paying ridiculous aftermarket prices. I'm thinking he'll go nicely with my Leader Megatron collection.
    I havent seen the actual colors if it is darker than the dark energon version (though i believe it is lighter) but if this is the cheapest ROTF Megatron this one aint bad and I would still prefer than the original ROTF or the Shadow Command Version

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    I havent seen the actual colors if it is darker than the dark energon version (though i believe it is lighter) but if this is the cheapest ROTF Megatron this one aint bad and I would still prefer than the original ROTF or the Shadow Command Version
    Thanks for the feedback. He's $185.00 on PremiumCollectibles which, from memory, is the cheapest I've seen for a MIB RotF Megatron.

Will ponder whether I'll get him or not.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. He's $185.00 on PremiumCollectibles which, from memory, is the cheapest I've seen for a MIB RotF Megatron.

Will ponder whether I'll get him or not.
    If you go to Premium Collectables' Facebook page they've got a coupon code that gives a $25 discount, ends on Wednesday.

it's a good representation of the character but it is not a complex mould. especially for the time. If you require an interesting transformation you will definitely be disappointed at that price. If you're after a good representation of the screen character then you might be happy with it. just some forewarning. The colours are certainly very nice.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    If you go to Premium Collectables' Facebook page they've got a coupon code that gives a $25 discount, ends on Wednesday.
    Yeah, that made me bite.
    Missed out on the figure back yonder. And the prices on ebay now are ridic.