Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spoilers: New DOTM footage shown at BotCon

Default Spoilers: New DOTM footage shown at BotCon

Question first I guess. Do people wanna know more details of what we saw rather than vague summaries? Happy to share.

Definitely thought the opening scene was really awesome.

But I didn't share the audience's reaction to the scene that got the biggest cheer.

Enough of a tease?

Part of me says yes, but the other part says no

I'm so torn

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Question first I guess. Do people wanna know more details of what we saw rather than vague summaries? Happy to share.

Definitely thought the opening scene was really awesome.

But I didn't share the audience's reaction to the scene that got the biggest cheer.

Enough of a tease?
    Please spoil
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

when it was revealed that megan fox wasn't going to be in DOTM - all other spoilers seemed pointless.

Okay, SPOILERS then....

Most of what we saw was the opening sequence before the title (which was about 10 minutes into the movie). We basically have a 'back story' bit again, like the first two movies, but longer... covering the escape from Cybertron of the Ark and its crash on the moon. The crash actually happened in about 1963 (after drifting from Cybertron for a while I guess), and it was the sighting of it by NASA telescopes that prompted America to get to the moon before the Russians. So skipping forward to the Apollo 11 launch in 1969, we see them land on the moon and go off to explore the crashed ship. They return to Earth with something secret in a case (plot device I guess as the Ark was meant to be taking something important away from Cybertron so that the Decepticons wouldn't get it). We flash back to the Moon to see Sentinel waking up (like in the teaser trailer), and that leads into the movie title 'transforming' onto the screen.

After that was a montage of scenes from throughout the movie, mostly centring around the Chicago battle with very little of what has been seen in the Trailers (so much of it was new).
    The scene that got the biggest response from the audience was a slow-motion scene of Spike inside Bumblebee as he's racing down a highway, but is suddenly ejected out while Bbee transforms to robot mode, with them both flying through the air avoiding debris from a crashing truck in front of them... but just as they pass through the flying debris, Bbee grabs Sam out of the air and tucks him back into him, transforming back to car mode, driving on with Sam back in the seat he started in.

We got to see a lot more of Optimus flying around with his new jetpack, which looks more like JP exclusive version that we are getting here as well.

Then it wrapped up with the most recent trailer.

And it was all in 3D - we were given a TFs 3D mask and a normal pair of 3D glasses (for those who couldn't fit into the Bbee/Op mask.

Other 'goodies' for our US$45 - mini Movie poster, mini Kre-O Mini-figures poster, commemorative card for the HOF Event, a bottle of water with Hasbro label on it, small bag of cold popcorn, small pack of Peanut M&Ms, and a mini blue sherbet bottle.

We also saw a long scene that expanded on the shot in the trailer of the soldiers leaping from a plane as other planes crash around them, and them then using the glide suits to avoid Decepticon drones.

In the random clips we also saw such things as:
    Bumblebee using his weapons in car mode (like Wreckers)
    Sentinel Prime under attack
    Sideswipe and Ironhide in a stand off with two Decepticons (include Crankcase)
    Cheesecake/perv shots of the new girl standing all sexy
    Simmons being interviewed by television crew
    That snake like cable thing from the trailer in another location in the world
    The next shot of Laserbeak after it swoops towards a car in the trailer showing the scale better
    A gun drawn at Bumblebee's head

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The scene that got the biggest response from the audience was a slow-motion scene of Spike inside Bumblebee as he's racing down a highway, but is suddenly ejected out while Bbee transforms to robot mode, with them both flying through the air avoiding debris from a crashing truck in front of them... but just as they pass through the flying debris, Bbee grabs Sam out of the air and tucks him back into him, transforming back to car mode, driving on with Sam back in the seat he started in.
    That's probably what got the audience upset? Bumblebee grabbed the wrong human :P

Meh... I'm half asleep right now.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Meh... I'm half asleep right now.
    yeah, it was just amusing in my head that spike (imagining from the human alliance figure) had been reunited with bumblebee only to be left to die and be replaced by that douche cousin sam.

It sounds like the Bumblebee/Sam scene has a snippet in the 3D edit of the trailer. At 1:33, is that it?