Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LucasArts is no more

Default LucasArts is no more

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

But really it is sad.

Lucasfilm Ceases Video Game Development By Closing Down LucasArts

And Disney have really done something crap by doing this. LucasArts had some really great games over the years, even ones that weren't Star Wars. Monkey Island series will always be up the top of my list of great games.

X-wing on my old 486dx.

Shame. X-Wing vs TIE fighter and the Jedi Knight games are still awesome by today's standards.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Shame. X-Wing vs TIE fighter and the Jedi Knight games are still awesome by today's standards.
    Well, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter was a bit of a let down, but their respective single games were fantastic, and wish I could run them again.

Was looking forward to starwars 1313 ... the trailer looked amazing and now they just cancel everything

First they kill the clone wars and now this. As much I want to think good things will happen. Its not looking good.
    Last edited by VERT; 4th April 2013 at 10:34 PM.

seems a strange choice to shut down. LucasArts was a great point a click game creator.

Wonder if in a few days time we will get a "new" studio announcement: "DisneyArts" or such?

Or maybe everyone at LucasArts will be rehired to work on the Disney clone version of Skylanders?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Unbelievable...

As I said in FB:

As much as it saddens me, this is expected. Since Episode I when they started to almost exclusively focus on 'movie promoting' mediocre SW games, it was all down hill from there as all the talent walked and creativity plummeted.

Since Lucas Arts has been below mediocrity for at least a decade, I don't blame Disney for cutting their loses. There was a time where game quality was very important but unfurtunately, LucasArts was a casualty of the 'prequel' era as that's when stuff started to go south for them. Forced to make too many mediocre prequel promoting games that caused the talent to abandon ship.