Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Robot cast - reveals (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    They definetly still have Grimlock. Guessing they still have Swoop and Snarl. Slag, as you mentioned, is now Slug. Sludge - who knows? He's never had another toy so it's never come up.

But yeah, anything and any alt-mode is possible - sadly
    Attaching 'Autobot' like they did when they released the Commemorative Series toys may be an avenue for the other 4? (i'm including Slug for reference only) Would be nice to see all 5, if they're even planning on all of them, together again.

Would it be likely that Bay just has the "Dinobots" being regular sports cars (because he's a car enthusiast), and their robot modes just have dino-armour on them (for being fans of earthen dinosaurs)... because we haven't seen any dino props yet to stand in for their CGI dinosaur modes. Unless they aren't yet filming that part of the movie yet (finding or introducing the Dinobots).

Or "better" yet... the Dinobot element has been one big red herring, masterminded since the beginning (on all the documents so far leaked), like the return of Megatron in TF2 that was supposed to be a big secret.

Names will be interesting too... but after the occasional random name in the past movies (like the Wreckers having Leadfoot who wasn't a traditional Wrecker, Blackout was meant to be Soundwave, and the Constructicons having a couple new names), I think we have to expect and accept the names we end up for the Dinobots (and not be too upset about it).

Slag may still be a problem, due to the European market... so if they resort to using Slug, at least it won't be without precedent.
    As long as they don't do like Beast Machines, which had all new names for their EIGHT Dinobots - T-Wrecks, Airraptor, Dinotron, Triceradon, Striker, Rapticon, Terranatron, Magmatron.
    They couldn't even throw in one classic Dinobot name.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Would it be likely that Bay just has the "Dinobots" being regular sports cars (because he's a car enthusiast), and their robot modes just have dino-armour on them (for being fans of earthen dinosaurs)... because we haven't seen any dino props yet to stand in for their CGI dinosaur modes. Unless they aren't yet filming that part of the movie yet (finding or introducing the Dinobots).

Or "better" yet... the Dinobot element has been one big red herring, masterminded since the beginning (on all the documents so far leaked), like the return of Megatron in TF2 that was supposed to be a big secret.

I was actually thinking the other day when looking at the vehicles for TF4 how it's almost all sports cars - I've yet to see an aircraft for this film. There is so much potential for there to be fantastic air battles (Silverbolt vs Skywarp maybe) that it seems a shame that Bay is so obsessed with what many men buy to compensate for some other form of inadequacy I have Alternators Grimlock, and I gotta admit he is my least fav version of the Dinobot Commander so I hope that doesn't happen here.

Possible the Dinobot thing could be a red herring - if so they are going to a lot of trouble, even having hats being made! If so I hope they fix it in post production, we ended up with Brawl still being called Devastator on screen, I don't want to see a moped named Snarl

I'm curious how the international fans will respond come time of the big Dino reveal. I think that we'll be more accomodating in regards to alt-modes. I can see it now: "my childhood rant rant Bayplosions rant rant #1 Fanboy rant rant T-Rex not apple cart rant rant"

Default Characters in Transformers 4 (SPOILERS)

Now don't get your hopes up on this as the news sounds very VERY grim. According to this news

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xb-zTeqcJE

The Dinobots are going to be like horses in the movie. The Autobots are going to ride the Dinobots. . . . .

Dude spoilers in title. Some people don't know and don't want to know till they see the movie that Dinobots are in it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Dude spoilers in title. Some people don't know and don't want to know till they see the movie that Dinobots are in it.
    good point,
    Ttandc can I suggest you reword along the lines of this thread:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...VIE+CHARACTERS

or perhaps ask a mod to add your post to that thread.

It can be hard to avoid certain spoilers leading up to a film like TF4 but there are still plenty of people out there who try to avoid it, a good method is to use the descriptor in your title and keep spoilers themselves in the post so it's harder for people to stumble on.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Changed title, I will merge with the other thread if no one else does it before I get home. Also if this ends up being true about them being my little ponies I will be talking with me wallet and not going to the cinemas for this rubbish.

There goes two minutes i'll never get back