Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know when the 6inch Star Wars Black Series may arrive?

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    is it possible this line will be lone lived ie. they plan to do heaps of figures? or will it be only brief.
    Series 02 is on Preorder at BBTS. Includes:
    1. Slave Leia
    2. Boba Fett
    3. Hans Solo
    4. Greedo

They really don't look as good, or articulated as I thought they'd be. I guess, yeah, I was basically expecting Star Wars Figuarts with less extras/accessories and weapons. The price is pretty hefty, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Series 02 is on Preorder at BBTS. Includes:
    1. Slave Leia
    2. Boba Fett
    3. Hans Solo
    4. Greedo
    Thanks! from this series Boba Fett would be a must. I might pick up Greedo as well. My personal preference, I'm not really keen with Slave Leia and Han Solo, because of the faces and overall they look awkward. I think characters with helmets, stormtroopers, some of the droids and Aliens interest me the most! They just fascinate me more as they are iconic, where as the human characters such as Leia and Solo are important just seem boring to me. I guess if I want to have a battle, I would need some. Oh well besides I can't really spend any money on these at the moment.

Received Wave 3 of the 3+3/4 inch figures at work today with Darth Plagueis. \/
    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/co...ontent&id=1633

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Received Wave 3 of the 3+3/4 inch figures at work today with Darth Plagueis. \/
    http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/co...ontent&id=1633
    Are they worth getting?
    Their sculpts are fairly similar to previous releases aren't they?
    This from the clone troopers I'd seen.
    I was thinking that the black series was some masterpiece version of the regular figures (not referring to the 6" ones but the 3 3/4" ones).

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    Are they worth getting?
    Their sculpts are fairly similar to previous releases aren't they?
    This from the clone troopers I'd seen.
    I was thinking that the black series was some masterpiece version of the regular figures (not referring to the 6" ones but the 3 3/4" ones).
    In short, for me, no. Unless you collect whole series' of SW figures or are after a particular figure you don't have or wasn't released previously like Plagueis.

They are similar, if not existing sculpts. A SW figure aficionado could probably list all of the differences, if there are any. From what I've seen, there are some subtle differences such as:
    Mace Windu coming with Jango Fett's helmet & white gauntlets
    Darth Vader with a new accessory to portray the scene on Bespin where he deflects Han's blaster shot etc etc

While the packaging is nice, in essence all Hasbro have done is replace the Vintage Collection with The Black Series. They've also introduced a basic range ($10) as an alternative- these only feature basic articulation.

picked up Darth Plagueis. Just had to get him when I found him

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    In short, for me, no. Unless you collect whole series' of SW figures or are after a particular figure you don't have or wasn't released previously like Plagueis.

They are similar, if not existing sculpts. A SW figure aficionado could probably list all of the differences, if there are any. From what I've seen, there are some subtle differences such as:
    Mace Windu coming with Jango Fett's helmet & white gauntlets
    Darth Vader with a new accessory to portray the scene on Bespin where he deflects Han's blaster shot etc etc

While the packaging is nice, in essence all Hasbro have done is replace the Vintage Collection with The Black Series. They've also introduced a basic range ($10) as an alternative- these only feature basic articulation.
    Thanks.
    I get quite confused by the different series that offer different levels of articulation.
    Not gonna touch Black unless I get them on clearance as I'm not overly crazy about SW.

I saw wave 2 of the six inch line at both big w and target yesterday for those interested in picking them up
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    I saw wave 2 of the six inch line at both big w and target yesterday for those interested in picking them up
    Where??? I was looking for Boba Fett character on Saturday without luck. Visited Big W Highpoint, Sunshine & Watergardens. Also Target Highpoint.