Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lego Movie

Default Lego Movie

After the long wait for it to be released in Australia, was it any good?
    Does the aesthetic (look of it) work well, as another type of surrealistic animation style?

It's been raking in so much money globally, that a sequel has already been green-lit by Warner Bros. (the article suggests other Lego themed movies... so we could end up seeing a fair few of them in the future)

In short it is brilliant.

There were some parts that really stand out as different than the rest that I didnt care for while in the cinema, but afterwards I really liked them and what they did for the movie (even if it did make a big mess out of explaining how/what was going on!)

It is one of those films for the whole families that I genuinely think was created for the 20-40 year olds with their own kids. I highly doubt the sequel will come even close but who cares, the first is a masterpiece of film.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

It's an awesome movie. Very clever and funny, and extra funny if your an AFOL as there are a few jokes and easter eggs in there if you're a LEGO collector. The animation is brilliant, can't tell if it's real or CG it's that brilliant (although if you've seen any behind the scenes you'll know).

It's Friday night, I've just walked out of the cinema and EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!
    It was fun if somewhat formulaic. It's worth a watch but I'm not feeling the neeed to own it on blu-ray when it's released.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Brilliant. This is the sort of movie that makes me feel all good inside for the right reasons and makes me glad I never gave up on lego like I did with TFs at one stage. The good thing about it is that it doesn't totally piss on its source material the way the TF movies have and the many nods it has to its history are well and truly appreciated. Best of all, its a movie which can truly be appreciated by everyone of all all ages. Hands down, the best toy-related movie I have seen in recent memory.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

The bit at the end where it turns real life with Will Ferrell was the best bit. The animation seemed quite jittery and unprofessional. But I'm not really a Lego fan. (I was dragged along kicking and screaming and ticket paid for by someone else).

I went to a charity screening raising funds for the Royal Children's Hospital (in Melbourne), I even won a Chima model in a raffle they had, as well as some other nifty giveaways (Lego were fairly generous in donations for the raffles and auctions that were held). In retrospect, I think I could have done a bit more to promote the event, but it was close to a sell out anyway.

The movie was great! Although, with the genius reveals at the end of the film now being "out there" as it were, I'm not sure how a sequel would work. They'd have to come up with a pretty good fresh premise to make it worthwhile.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Fantastic. My 2 year old was good as he sat thru most of it and only cared about the cameos and vibrant colours my 5 year old loved loved loved it. The kids after the movie went nuts; many happy kids

It is truly a great movie and worth the praise. Surprisingly emotional?

Great message throughout and nice surprise ending.

(Loved when the falcon turned up)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    The animation seemed quite jittery and unprofessional. But I'm not really a Lego fan.
    This was done on purpose to represent stop motion animation that most homemade LEGO movies are made. If the movie was made with the CG type animation, as in the Chima or Ninjago shows, it would not work or be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by shokwave2 View Post
    This was done on purpose to represent stop motion animation that most homemade LEGO movies are made. If the movie was made with the CG type animation, as in the Chima or Ninjago shows, it would not work or be funny.
    I agree. It would look too smooth.

edit And I might as well put this up
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.