Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Michael Bay returns for TF5 as director

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i have to disagree there, Goki.

If i thought that a movie or it's director was (insert your choice of derogatory term here) there's no way that I'd watch it or have it in my collection, purchased or otherwise.
    I've seen every TF movie with a group of close friends in the cinema and in gold-class seating with snacks and champagne delivered to our seats throughout

What's the point of being a hardcore TF fan if you don't set yourself up to enjoy the experience of seeing a new movie in the most fun and luxurious way possible? I'm not particularly extravagant for the most part in my life so it's fun to have an excuse to treat yourself every couple of years

So have I, big fella, but I didn't watch it or purchase the dvd afterwards because I felt obliged as a fan to do so

So have I, big fella, but I didn't watch it or purchase the dvd afterwards because I felt obliged as a fan to do so
    True I bought them all because I actually wanted to watch them again (even if it was just my fav parts when it came to ROTF - Ravage and Long Haul rock!). Don't think I've ever felt particularly that obligated that I have to do something as a fan - considering how much I've spent on the brand in the last 32 years I think they owe me, not the other way around

That said, it's sorta why I've been subscribing to the TFCC - and considering now with conversion rates the way they are I just got slugged for $120 so I wont be subscribing again next year if they are still in business

Bit off topic to the recent discussion here, but related a little...
    I mentioned randomly to my wife on the weekend that they start shooting TF5 soon and her immediate reaction was a hilarious "ugh" sigh and full on slouch to the news. Just like there could be nothing worse for a filmmaker to do lol
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Quote Originally Posted by bassbot View Post
    Bit off topic to the recent discussion here, but related a little...
    I mentioned randomly to my wife on the weekend that they start shooting TF5 soon and her immediate reaction was a hilarious "ugh" sigh and full on slouch to the news. Just like there could be nothing worse for a filmmaker to do lol
    Smart lady
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

i have to disagree there, Goki.

If i thought that a movie or it's director was (insert your choice of derogatory term here) there's no way that I'd watch it or have it in my collection, purchased or otherwise.
    By "we," I meant those of us who watch the movie in cinema or purchase the DVD despite disliking the films, and I didn't mean it as an umbrella reference for every fan.

There are some fans who will happily pick and choose which toys they want, while others want to collect the whole set, even figures that they don't like. Take G1 for example. I pretty much have collected all the G1 figures that I want; the toys that I don't have are ones that I didn't want as a kid ('cept Time Warrior ). I'll grab 'em if the opportunity to get 'em cheap arises, but I'm not going to pay top dollar for something as ridiculous as G1 Iguanus! This is basically how I feel about the Bay TF films; I'll watch them in cinemas for free with vouchers, and I'll buy them on DVD at discounted prices. I don't mind owning these things, but I won't pay premium prices for them either.

I only bought the first TF movie. I have seen the sequels going for really cheap at stores in the past down to just a couple of bucks but my movie shelf space is more valuable and deserves better.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I only bought the first TF movie. I have seen the sequels going for really cheap at stores in the past down to just a couple of bucks but my movie shelf space is more valuable and deserves better.

Love it, I'm sure the BTT team would approve of this brilliant and factual comedy

I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I agree though I have a library of DVDs , transformers fall under pop corn and nothing else to watch. Now with Netflix I guess is whether I really want to watch it or catch up with Masterchef or mkr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post

Love it, I'm sure the BTT team would approve of this brilliant and factual comedy

I have a team now? Awesome!