Thread: Redeco DOTM Voyager Optimus - Argos & Target excl

Default Redeco DOTM Voyager Optimus - Argos & Target excl

In a thread over at seibertron (https://www.seibertron.com/transform...sqweeks/37971/) there is possibly a leak of a new DotM voyager release https://flic.kr/p/UiB7a3 from a Argos catalogue.

It has a lot of red and new weapons.
    Last edited by Deonasis; 1st May 2017 at 04:04 PM.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    In a thread over at seibertron (https://www.seibertron.com/transform...sqweeks/37971/) there is possibly a leak of a new DotM voyager release https://flic.kr/p/UiB7a3 from a Argos catalogue.

It has a lot of red and new weapons.
    Kinda reminds me of the "revenge" optimus prime (based on rotf prime), a cheap way to reuse a mold but like the AOE bumblebee repaint it...doesn't sit well with the rest of the movie, oh well someone will snap it up.

If the colors were inverted and a chromed bumper I might of taken one LOL

Oddly enough, the best copy of that image I could find was on TFW, but they do mention that it came from Seibertron (I couldn't find it on their news page).

It is indeed the DOTM Voyager Optimus toy, with a new shield and sword accessory... in a bright red that matches its (over-use of the) colour on the toy itself.

The Allspark website has obtained a new Argos catalogue, which has a new image of this redeco DOTM Optimus toy in it (and a lot clearer this time), and since it doesn't say it is an exclusive or anything other than the regular "Premier Edition", this could just be a later wave toy (wave 3 or later) in the regular retail line.
    But time will tell.

Those red wheels and reddish undercarriage.... somehow I like that... looks like he's traveling on hot lava.
    Not going to buy it though.
    Just be keen on the shield and sword... if I can get it separately.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Allspark website has obtained a new Argos catalogue, which has a new image of this redeco DOTM Optimus toy in it (and a lot clearer this time), and since it doesn't say it is an exclusive or anything other than the regular "Premier Edition", this could just be a later wave toy (wave 3 or later) in the regular retail line.
    But time will tell.
    TFW has obtained a catalogue as well, and scanned up all of the Transformers pages, including RID and Rescue Bots.
    Nothing new shown though, as the DOTM Optimus and wave 2 Tiny Turbo Changers were already posted up as news.

The mysterious toy in the UK Argos catalogue a month ago, of a weird red/blue redeco of the DOTM Voyager Optimus toy, has been fully revealed, thanks to a Robotkingdom listing, labelling it as a Target (America?) exclusive.

The packaging notes that it's shield and sword act as decoders, like the red techspec decoders that came with 1980s Transformers toys.
    It looks like it may only be revealing the allegiance symbol on the packaging... but maybe there is some inserted "coded" material as well.