Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Edition 5-pack Autobots pics

Default Platinum Edition 5-pack Autobots pics

This set should be in Myer stores here within the next month, and someone in Asia has now got a set, posting up some comparison photos with the General Release version Autobot toys.

Bumblebee is very similar in both modes, but the other four have very obvious changes... from some paint apps on Drift and Optimus (who is also missing the Chrome), to completely brighter colour plastics on Hound and Crosshairs.

The metallic green on the new Crosshairs looks really awesome! Even the new Bumblebee and Drift look really nice with some more of their details picked out in paint (especially Bee in car mode and Drift in bot mode).

Based on the Breakout Battle pack that I got (which I'm just loving), and now seeing this, it looks like Hasbro is really knocking it out of the park with some of these platinum sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Yongeltron View Post

Based on the Breakout Battle pack that I got (which I'm just loving), and now seeing this, it looks like Hasbro is really knocking it out of the park with some of these platinum sets.
    Which I why I wish I knew about this set before I bought them all individually

If BbTS follow RK's price lead, i'll probably just end up PoL'ing this & maybe the Dinobot 5 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    It's always hard trying to decide whether to buy the version of a toy that's available immediately or whether to grit your teeth and try to hold out against temptation and hope for an improved version. The only thing worse than seeing that awesome toy you want and having to suffer through the agony of waiting to get it, is succumbing to your wanton craving only to then discover that there's an even more awesome version than yours coming out next month. Suddenly your satisfaction is tainted by bitter disappointment.

This stuff is visceral, man.

I really wish Hasbro could give us this kind of quality on their individual releases. They could really give Takara a run for their money if they wanted to. Probably wouldn't do much for their financial position, but it would sure make the collectors happy. And surely, the sincere gratitude and appreciation of the fandom is worth far more than mere money!

I actually like the look of the paint on these. Any idea on a local RRP?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I actually like the look of the paint on these. Any idea on a local RRP?
    If Break-out battle is $169 this has to be $200

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    If Break-out battle is $169 this has to be $200
    Yeah, I'd say that'd be close if we used regular retail as a guide
    2 x Voyagers +/- $100
    3 x Deluxes +/- $90

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Exactly how I feel ;(

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Yeah, I'd say that'd be close if we used regular retail as a guide
    2 x Voyagers +/- $100
    3 x Deluxes +/- $90
    True, but by that logic the Breakout should have been $110... with the AU tax and Myer tax, I'd guess $220-250.