Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bay to direct TF4 - Peter Cullen returns as Optimus

Before this degenerates into yet another round of Bay-bashing, be mindful that his movies had lots of fans and supporters, who may start feeling threatened, or unwelcome here if it starts snowballing from a small number of members.
    There are review topics for criticisms of his work. Let's just leave the news topics for comments on those specific news items... not him and his work.

I think all I need to end this is $1,123,746,996... From one movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bay
    "I thought I was done. Then the ride came out [at Universal Studios Hollywood] and the two-and-a-half-hour lines. And then you're thinking, Oh my God, someone's going to take this over. And you start doing a lot of soul-searching. Like, OK, I'm about to do a little movie, "Pain & Gain" ... and the studio says they want to restart the franchise. And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know?"
    "And I wanted that someone to be me."

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That goes without saying.

I reckon he'd be more worried about someone doing a better job than him. The mans ego is matched only by the size of his explosions budget.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Decepticon Guest

ROTF was the best. Lots of action and a good storyline. DOTM was rushed. I somehow can't stand to watch the first one now. Seems slow paced.

Lets hope No 4 will be a mixture of the 3. I love Bays work. And he has done a brilliant job of getting the Transformers franchise out of the 80s and into the 'real' world.
    Last edited by Decepticon; 22nd September 2012 at 11:20 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    That's exactly what I thought when I read that

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    ROTF was the best. Lots of action and a good storyline. DOTM was rushed. I somehow can't stand to watch the first one now. Seems slow paced.

Lets hope No 4 will be a mixture of the 3. I love Bays work. And he has done a brilliant job of getting the Transformers franchise out of the 80s and into the 'real' world.
    Glad to see some Bay love. He's done so much good for Transformers and while it's not perfect, it is great. Pity about the toy line, hopefully they fix that up this time around.

The way I see it Bay won't let go of the TF movies until he ends them on his own terms. Then maybe, a couple of years lafter a new director can take the franchise in their own direction.

But for now, I'm going to sit back and see where he takes TF4

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    The way I see it Bay won't let go of the TF movies until he ends them on his own terms. Then maybe, a couple of years lafter a new director can take the franchise in their own direction.

But for now, I'm going to sit back and see where he takes TF4
    I am pretty sure he will take it in the same direction. Whether you like or hate his movies, it is clear that Bay does not deviate much when it comes to his established directing and 'story telling' style.
    Last edited by kup; 22nd September 2012 at 09:42 PM.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-return/25870/

It's good that Cullen is staying on as Prime, Maybe if we all bitched enough we could get ol' Frankie in as Megs?
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496