Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IDW to reprint more obscure UK comics

I asked Andy Schmidt at the IDW booth today about this new collection. It is only UK stories. The writer/artist credits in the original solicitations were wrong. James Roberts will be writing contextual introductions for the stories.

He also said that there will be new editions of the Marvel reprints with updated colouring and they've done a deal with Marvel so they can reprint the Spider-Man issue etc.

i've got a bunch of the titan trades, not sure whether to grab some IDW ones as well..
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Apologies if this is a tad off-topic, but I'm looking to get into Marvel G1 to learn about the origins of Transformers, and I don't usually read much in the way of comics.

Taking this into account, is the difference in quality between the IDW reproductions and the Titan reproductions worth paying double the price? The US Marvel collection via IDW is only 6 volumes whereas the Titan collection would contain 16 similarly priced volumes.

Titan's were more complete, but at this stage I'd wait for the new editions from IDW that will include the Spiderman and Circuit Breaker stories and have improved colouring. They'd be cheaper too than Titan collections secod hand.