Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TF4 Age of Extinction Movie - best and worst of 2014

Default TF4 Age of Extinction Movie - best and worst of 2014

As the expression goes, quantity doesn't equal quality, and Transformers 4 has certainly lived up to that.

The fourth Transformers movie, thanks to a marketing/advertising budget that was bigger than the cost of making it, ended up being the biggest earning movie in the world for 2014 with almost US$1.1 Billion.

But it has also ended up earning itself nine Razzie (Golden Raspberry) nominations, in seven of the nine categories (two categories have two TF4 nominations).

A more important measure of "quality" are the more positive award ceremonies like BAFTA and the Oscars, and Paramount have already been harassing the Film Industry to consider voting for AOE for this years Oscars (using a promo photo that doesn't even include any Transformers ).
    The Oscars this year is on February 22nd... but we should know before then (on January 15th) if anything Transformers related has even been nominated, to even have a chance.

Megatran Guest

This was guaranteed to happen. In show bizz, being nominated for the Razzies isn't half as bad as not getting a mention anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    But it has also ended up earning itself nine Razzie (Golden Raspberry) nominations, in seven of the nine categories (two categories have two TF4 nominations).

Michael Bay or whoever took them now be selling those razzies and making even more $$$

On the eve of the Academy Awards comes the Golden Raspberries, and this years have just been announced... and Transformers won two of its nine nominations - Worst Director (Michael Bay), and Worst Supporting Actor (Kelsey Grammar - for several movies in 2014).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    On the eve of the Academy Awards comes the Golden Raspberries, and this years have just been announced... and Transformers won two of its nine nominations - Worst Director (Michael Bay), and Worst Supporting Actor (Kelsey Grammar - for several movies in 2014).
    Richly deserved.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Can't believe it didn't win everything it was nominated for. AOE was the worst film I saw last year by far.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I don't think it is the worst film compared to all other films... but it is the most disappointing for what it is hyped up to be, and for its budget. (which I think is really the main point of the Razzies - focusing on the movies that the general public know about, because they could award actual crappy "garage" movies that most people have never heard of... but then no one would bother to tune into the Razzies or want to comment on the "Award winners" if they are unfamiliar with them)

The thing is - ANY publicity is good publicity. People will give it a look just to see how bad it REALLY is and some of those people WILL enjoy it.

Honestly, the guy who played Shane should have won worst supporting actor... worlds worse than Grammar. And that other guy (gosh can't even remember his characters name he was so atrocious)- TJ Miller's character - not far behind - the only thing that saved him was Lockdown's grenade!

AoE had the potential to be an interesting shift in the story telling of Transformers on the big screen but I really feel the writers/story let it down (and the way Bay did(n't) use Hong Kong and China to maximum or logical potential made it even worse). Hong Kong is the one country in the world where super fast expensive elite sports cars are common and the Autobots actually would be able to "blend in" (aside from Optimus)!

It wasn't the worst film I saw but it certainly didn't live up to the hype or expectation. Visually on the big screen it was great to watch, especially in IMax - visually on par with Apes and better than GotG (CGI really let that one down) but as much as I disliked GotG it had a superior storyline to AoE. Apes beats out both hands down.

At the end of the day though AoE IS a movie about big robots blowing stuff up with amazing cars and the odd hot chick so it's going to sell regardless of what language you speak.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    The thing is - ANY publicity is good publicity. People will give it a look just to see how bad it REALLY is and some of those people WILL enjoy it.

Honestly, the guy who played Shane should have won worst supporting actor... worlds worse than Grammar. And that other guy (gosh can't even remember his characters name he was so atrocious)- TJ Miller's character - not far behind - the only thing that saved him was Lockdown's grenade!

AoE had the potential to be an interesting shift in the story telling of Transformers on the big screen but I really feel the writers/story let it down (and the way Bay did(n't) use Hong Kong and China to maximum or logical potential made it even worse). Hong Kong is the one country in the world where super fast expensive elite sports cars are common and the Autobots actually would be able to "blend in" (aside from Optimus)!

It wasn't the worst film I saw but it certainly didn't live up to the hype or expectation. Visually on the big screen it was great to watch, especially in IMax - visually on par with Apes and better than GotG (CGI really let that one down) but as much as I disliked GotG it had a superior storyline to AoE. Apes beats out both hands down.
    At the end of the day though AoE IS a movie about big robots blowing stuff up with amazing cars and the odd hot chick so it's going to sell regardless of what language you speak.
    I have to absolutely agree with this. Why did Grammar receive a Razzie for worst supporting actor...? I thought he did a great job in AOE. If anyone should have received that award it should have been Jack Reynor for sure.

The Apes movie FTW.

The Razzies page notes Grammar won for four different films during 2014, not just his role in Transformers... so I guess it all accumulated to be voted worse than one-role actors who did worse.

But then, the Razzies aren't meant to be taken seriously anyway... they are there for entertainment value, and watercooler/twitter conversation later.