Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rodimus (SG) wins

2 100.00%
  • Bumblebee (movie) wins

0 0%
  • Double KO (Draw)

0 0%

Thread: Who would win this fight? : Rodimus (Shattered Glass) or Bumblebee (Movie)

FatalityPitt Guest

Default Who would win this fight? : Rodimus (Shattered Glass) Vs. Bumblebee (Movie)

On Saturdays (usually) I'll post a 'match-up' between 2 characters from different continuities, where willing participants can debate and vote on which character would win a fight to the death if pitted against each other.

I'll also take requests, so feel free to comment on which characters you like to see fight each other.

Today's Match-up will be between Bumblebee (Movies - 2007, RotF, DotM, etc) and Shattered Glass Rodimus.

A few rules first (for those unfamiliar);
    - We vote on the outcome of the fight between the characters named in the title.
    - Neither character can call for help (i.e. none of their friends can jump in).
    - It's a first time encounter between the two characters. So neither one has had the chance to analyse the other's tactics or weaknesses.

A blurb about our intrepid combatants:

Rodimus (SG)

A more ambitious, unhinged… and “distinguished” ‘bot compared to his G1 counterpart. SG Rodimus lead the Wreckers of his universe (and was the last surviving one!). Recruited by Optimus Prime for his unrivalled fighting abilities and ruthlessness, Rodimus was eventually promoted to being leader of the Elite Seeker Trio! But this Rodimus wants MORE than just a bunch of Seekers to lead… He wants to turn the Autobots into the greatest mercenary gang there ever was! Only problem with this plan; Optimus is in his way…

More details

Bumblebee (Movie)

Brave, loyal scout and Mary Su-- I mean SCRAPPER of the Autobots with attitude! He’s the star of a multi-billion dollar Hollywood movie franchise who’s survived through five movies *cough* (plot armour) *cough* and will be the titular character of his own motion picture extravaganza, scheduled for release on December 21, 2018 (see Bumblebee (2018)). Will Bumblebee survive this match-up? Is the plot armour thick enough? As Mark Hamil once said, “It doesn’t matter if it’s good so long as it makes money.”

More details

That's it! Voting ends Saturday, 17 March.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by FatalityPitt; 10th March 2018 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Changed 'or' to 'Vs.' in the title

this one is tough.

I think it would be Shattered glass Rodimus in a pure face to face fight, he's unhinged to start with, would stoop to any level necessary to win the fight.

But. Movie bumblebee is extremely agile, to the point of being able to reanimate hi severed limbs and coalesce himself back together after complete dismemberment. I think he would eventually wear SG Rodimus down.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    this one is tough.

I think it would be Shattered glass Rodimus in a pure face to face fight, he's unhinged to start with, would stoop to any level necessary to win the fight.

But. Movie bumblebee is extremely agile, to the point of being able to reanimate hi severed limbs and coalesce himself back together after complete dismemberment. I think he would eventually wear SG Rodimus down.
    I pretty much agree with all of this

Bumblebee being able to ‘pull himself together’ is a big game changer. The only thing is as the former leader of the ‘Dark Wreckers’ Rodimus would be adept as going in for the kill. As long as he can get a shot to Bumbebees cranium he would end Bee for good.

But then I suppose Bumblebee ripped Ravages spine out so he’s not bad at killing himself

Yep, tough one. I’ll have to give it to Rodimus though as he is that unhinged and ruthless he would probably play super-dirty - like having a bomb put in his body for in case he lost or going into the fight with a live human strapped on his chest or something

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    to the point of being able to reanimate hi severed limbs and coalesce himself back together after complete dismemberment
    I choose to ignore that part of The Last Knight, because it was stupid and contradictory to his loss of legs in the first movie.

SG Rodimus wins for my mind due to ruthlessness and a lack of aversion to killing just for the sake of it.