Thread: Cambridge analytica

Default Cambridge analytica

Has anyone heard of this news? CA harvested over 50 million profiles on fb. They were part of trumps campagin and stated that they influence politics all over the world.

I suggest you listen to the discussion on yesterdays DTNS about it. They spell out all the details on what actually happened and don't just repeat the inflammatory headlines.

https://youtu.be/ZjelHFQ9TBs?t=19m27s

BTW: I'm not saying this is nothing to worry about, just that the headlines are a bit clickbaity.

I'm not a member of Facebook because of an incident years ago when Zuckerberg was having a laugh off camera (not realising that he was being recorded) about how Facebook members are oblivious to the fact their personal information is given to corporations and I thought I dodged a bullet. Now I'm fuming after finding out that even if you visit Facebook, the corporations can still gain information on you. Absolute power corrupts and sociopath Zuckerberg is made for it.

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    I'm not a member of Facebook because of an incident years ago when Zuckerberg was having a laugh off camera (not realising that he was being recorded) about how Facebook members are oblivious to the fact their personal information is given to corporations and I thought I dodged a bullet. Now I'm fuming after finding out that even if you visit Facebook, the corporations can still gain information on you. Absolute power corrupts and sociopath Zuckerberg is made for it.
    This picture says it all really: