View Poll Results: Do you think it is worthy to buy?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is a must buy

1 14.29%
  • It's good to have, not a must

1 14.29%
  • Only if I have extra $ to spend

0 0%
  • No, not my cup of tea.

5 71.43%

Thread: Toy Review - Transformers X Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime

Default Toy Review - Transformers X Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime

Frankly, if you are not a "patient" model builder, you need to reconsider... this OP does not need much model building skills, however, you probably need a model scissors, and you also need to sand the extra plastic after you cut the parts out. Otherwise, you would probably find it quite troublesome when you are trying to transform it.

That's all you got from the box.

Compare with d-class

Robot mode

Car mode

Wow that's small! for some reason I had it in my mind that this thing was voyager size

Can't say it does anything for me. Thanks for the pics and review though
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

So those are the two choices: White shell or Yellow shell. Anyone thinking they'll sell a red one separately in the future?
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

There are a lot of colors to choose from... only if you buy the actual car from the dealer and you would have a variety of choices. Otherwise, yellow and white. both colours are in the box, you can switch it whatever you like.

The choice of alt mode is the only thing that interests me, but I'm not a model builder. Half the reason why I don't like Arms Microns is because I have to freakin' build all those stupid Microns (the other half being the stickers ). So the model building aspect of this toy is an instant turn off for me. The core figure itself doesn't look at the interesting, and making it Optimus Prime instead of a different or new character is just unimaginatively dull.

I'd like to see more Toyotas being used, especially fairly ordinary road vehicles like the FJ Cruiser; i.e. a car that wouldn't look out of place on the roads and wouldn't attract too much undue attention like say a Ferrari or Lamborghini. A regular 4WD/SUV really plays to the "robots in disguise" theme which I love. But yeah, the actual nature of the toy doesn't appeal to me, so I have no intention of getting this. Hopefully HasTak will give us more 'non-exotic' alt modes for future toys though.

Just a week ago I saw an old 80s Mazda 323 in a car park at West Ryde and I thought, "Bumblejumper!"

I dont mind the alt mode. Ive always been a fan of realistic vehicles. Robot mode, not so much. On the plus side, i'm hoping this agreement with Toyota will lead to the Hilux being made available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I dont mind the alt mode. Ive always been a fan of realistic vehicles. Robot mode, not so much. On the plus side, i'm hoping this agreement with Toyota will lead to the Hilux being made available.
    You never know, some lucky TF may even get the privilege of wearing a Sportivo badge in the near future…

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Default :p

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You never know, some lucky TF may even get the privilege of wearing a Sportivo badge in the near future…

Takara should be so lucky. The fact that they've chosen the FJ over the 2003 Sportivo is a slap in the face to all auto enthusiasts.