Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitening yellowed toys with Hydrogen Peroxide

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have only encountered this bad reactions to H2O2 on 1987 figures. I have tried it on 1988 and 1989 figures with no bad effect. 1984-1986 figures also respond well to it.
    what the? how many yellowed TFs do you have dude?
    Last edited by kup; 8th November 2010 at 09:45 PM.

None now

* I accidentally clicked on Edit instead of reply, that is why you have a 'last edited by kup' on your post. Sorry about that .

My restoration skills basically come down to applying repro stickers and that's about it I would be waaaay too stressed out dunking a 20+ year old toy in a corrosive liquid bath. I envy those that have the skills (and balls) to do this.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My restoration skills basically come down to applying repro stickers and that's about it I would be waaaay too stressed out dunking a 20+ year old toy in a corrosive liquid bath. I envy those that have the skills (and balls) to do this.
    That's why I get other people to do it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    liege, I bought it from a Priceline - It's called Creme Developer by Innovative. Ooh la la!
    Half tempted to pick up some myself and see how it works on the rest of Slugslinger. If it works, I may use it on other figures as well.
    Last edited by 1AZRAEL1; 9th November 2010 at 12:02 PM.

I'm going to be retro-brighting the remainder of my yellowed fort max as I cannot warrant spending any more money on copious amounts of H202.

Attached is the Xantham Gum, Glycerin, and H202 I picked up today. Xantham Gum and Glycerin were picked up at a Health Food Store. I now need some Oxy Action laundry powder.

Note to everyone who still hasn't made some of this goop: Mix the Xantham Gum and H202 together first in small amounts so that all of the Xantham Gum powder dissolves. Once that is done add the Glycerin, because as soon as that enters the mixture it wants to turn into a soapy gelatinous mess and the Xantham Gum will act like lumpy porridge if not dissolved properly.
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

Erm dunno if it's been asked, too lazy to backtrack the posts, but does does it (H2O2) have a bad effect on clear, yellowed plastic? will it loose it's clarity and make it foggy?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    I'm going to be retro-brighting the remainder of my yellowed fort max as I cannot warrant spending any more money on copious amounts of H202.

Attached is the Xantham Gum, Glycerin, and H202 I picked up today. Xantham Gum and Glycerin were picked up at a Health Food Store. I now need some Oxy Action laundry powder.

Note to everyone who still hasn't made some of this goop: Mix the Xantham Gum and H202 together first in small amounts so that all of the Xantham Gum powder dissolves. Once that is done add the Glycerin, because as soon as that enters the mixture it wants to turn into a soapy gelatinous mess and the Xantham Gum will act like lumpy porridge if not dissolved properly.
    cool... cant wait to see how well it will work for you.
    i have some yellowed TFs that i want to try the paste with cos they are too hard to disassemble without damaging but i have not been able to find the Xanthum gum and Glycerin yet.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Erm dunno if it's been asked, too lazy to backtrack the posts, but does does it (H2O2) have a bad effect on clear, yellowed plastic? will it loose it's clarity and make it foggy?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I believe and the clear plastic becomes a smokie mess
    perhaps you can try on some scrap clear plastic to be sure first?

@ Bruticus , cheers!

@ Eruntalon - update us with measurements for each component yeah?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]