Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
I don't have Prime, but I do have Shockwave, and I'm not really a fan even though he is arguably my favourite Decpticon character.

I find the figure small and wiry. I particularly dislike his skinny hollow legs. It feels like they could have improved his legs by maybe making them unfold to accommodate his weapon, or adding some extra unfolding panels but instead they went for cheap simple chicken legs. I also don't understand why they couldn't give him waist articulation? While I'm sure the designers haven't lost there knack it feels like the guys from the budget department are hovering over their shoulders forcing them to reduce their total parts count for the FOC toys.

Consequently when I stand Shockwave next to the Generations toys of yesteryear he just doesn't stand up, and looks like a new budget class. I think I would have actually preferred a moderate price increase that allowed Hasbro to continue making toys to their old standards rather than this reduction.

And don't get me started on the Combaticons.
I couldn't agree more. I would also pay more for quality than these simplistic borderline '$2 shop' toys we are getting from Hasbro as of late.

Shockwave is among the best of the FOC toys but he still doesn't stand up at all when you compare him to Hasbro released toys of just a year or so ago.