Thread: IDW's Transformers solicitations for July 2008

Default IDW's Transformers solicitations for July 2008

http://comicnewsi.com/article.php?ca...8&itemid=11370

To aid things: I'm listing estimated AUD prices based on my personal experience of Australian retailers. They are average prices on what I've seen but should be close to what you should pay and no more.

I can grab them 20 % cheaper in most instances courtesy of my standing order discounts so if anyone needs help, lemme know. I can arrange something or put you in contact with a store with the best prices in Australia.

Items of Interest:

- Spotlight Hardhead: 2nd part in the G1 Revelations Arc: $7
    - Transformers Movie Prequel UK #1: despite predictions that last month's "Movie Prequel" solicitation was the UK stuff, this is it. So that leaves the question of what was last month's special movie prequel? I'm suspecting they are reprints of the exclusive comics that came with the DVDs and Unleashed BB in the USA: $7
    - The Transformers: All Hail Megatron #1: Nuff Said. $7
    - BIG ALERT: Transformers Ark 2: Similar to IDW's first volume, this second volume has been listed on Amazon.com for a while now though now we finally have confirmation of what it entails. Development Artwork of the Japanese lines Headmaster, Masterforce, Victory, Zone. Goodness. $20 USD and in B & W. $32

Other items:

- Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream #4: conclusion of the sequel; $7
    - The Transformers Animated, Volume 4; $15, not full sized. It's unclear which stories will be inside but it mentions AUtobots vs. Decepticons and given that each previously has about 3 stories i suspect it may be Megatron Rising parts plus Blitzwing and Lugnut's arrival. Still to be confirmed though.
    - Classic Transformers, Volume 2: collects Marvel Comics #17-30: $30
    - Transformers Best of the UK: Space Pirates #5: UK reprint; $7

Good to finally see a release date for the Ark 2. I'm going to guess that most of the Japanese cartoon models will be what's already shown in the Generations and 351 character books, but it will be nice to have them reproduced at a larger scale.

The second Animated volume only had two stories, so it's a bit hit and miss.

It's going to be a busy month, I think I'll be getting everything other than Reign of Starscream and the Space Pirates re-issue.

The first Ark design book was fantastic, and the Classics Trade was decent, even if two issues were missing due to Marvel being a bunch of wankers.

Spotlight: Hardhead is more like Spotlight Nightbeat vol 2 to be honest!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Have I missed the announcement of a Devastation TP?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipesqueak View Post
    Have I missed the announcement of a Devastation TP?
    Nope, nope. It's slated for May sometime. Not too late to place an order. Should pay no more than $30 AUD for it otherwise an order thru Amazon.com would be a better alternative.