Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TOMY Figurines are back!

Default TOMY Figurines are back!

Remember these TF2 figurines from the last 12 or so months:

Well, it looks like they are back.
    I thought it was odd to have them all suddenly disappear, despite not moving that rapidly... but it looks like they musta been withdrawn from sale so that they could be repackaged and re-released under the TF3 banner.

Zippo and I saw a dispenser today with DotM labelling, instead of the RotF labelling above, but the actual figurines appear to be the same. (I forgot to take a pic - I'll add it later when I go back)

Since the original capsules had an insert with a TF2 theme, I'm guessing that they mighta repacked the figurines with new TF3 inserts.
    I still need Ironhide, so I'll buy some and see if it does indeed have a new insert.

But as mentioned already, these $2 figurines are still the same eight TF1 "FAB moulds" released before.

(As BW Megatron would say - New packaging, same product... Losers. )

Those dispensing units are everywhere over here (QLD) and everyone I have seen has had the dotm versions in it. I missed out on most of the rotf versions as there is only one of these units at home and rotf only had one shot of being included.

I forgot to get a photo of the new dispenser display...
    But I got myself some $2 coins today and started feeding the machine, hoping to finally get Ironhide and complete the set.
    Five figurines later, success.

I can now say that they have indeed been repacked with DotM leaflets in the capsule instead of the RotF ones... but appear to be pretty much the same though (just shows the 8 figurines and safety disclaimers etc).

These dispensers should be re-appearing in most shopping centres again, for those wanting to collect or complete their TF2 sets. (or if you're in Brisbane, I have plenty of spares)

(topic moved to AUS news section)

I went and found the few I had brought from when I saw the ROTF ones locally. I need to get my hands on Ironhide, Starscream and Brawl.

Saw them in Parra during the fair last weekend, thought it was strange to see them back now (would have been better two months ago!).

Seems the Gashapons are turning up more in Westfields and other alrger centres and disappearing from the smaller Centro and Maketplace centres for some reason.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I've been going crazy over these. Spent too much and still need Ratchet, Brawl and Blackout. Tons of the rest though

Didn't even know they existed Not sure if we have them here in WA but I would think so

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Didn't even know they existed Not sure if we have them here in WA but I would think so

Saw these at Melville shopping centre about a year ago.Never really looked at em much.

I liked the squishy ones that had the vehicle mode pop out the bottom. omg that sounds terrible, but they're great, really.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    I've been going crazy over these. Spent too much and still need Ratchet, Brawl and Blackout. Tons of the rest though
    Duuude, I totally had a Ratchet.... somewhere I think. :/ It's either in storage or I threw it out because I honestly think these things are rubbish.

If I do find it though, you can have it for free.

Thanks tinyJazz. They are complete and utter rubbish and not worth the money. It does however show the state of toy releases in the Illawarra that I'm going mental over a vending machine