Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IDW Transformers Vs Star Trek comic

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Kirk was (and still is) the friggin Mack-Daddy of the Trek franchise yo! Picard was ok but Janeway sucked donkey testicles.
    Oh, now you're starting something
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

No love for Captain Archer?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Windblade... again.

It's just like Drift... being forced into everything, and being retconned into Gen1.
    It'll be interesting to see what roles those two (with Chromia and Nautica, Elita etc) will play in the reboot too.

This is an easy skip/read online for me. IDW are going to have to blow my socks off with this last event and reboot to make me interested in buying any comics once the reboot starts, not looking likely with their awful event/crossover history. I think Hearts of Steel was the only one I liked.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Windblade... again.

It's just like Drift... being forced into everything, and being retconned into Gen1.
    Someday, parents who grew up on G1 will have to explain to their kids why Windblade and Drift are missing when they show them episodes of the original cartoon.

It's nice to see Reflector on one of the covers though. Speaking of, Hasbro really needs to make us a Reflector toy one day - he'd have a tonne of army-building potential, I'd buy at least 3 of him.

Also, who's the cat-lady from Star Trek? The one fighting Ravage on one of the covers. I don't think I've seen her before.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Also, who's the cat-lady from Star Trek? The one fighting Ravage on one of the covers. I don't think I've seen her before.
    I'm not sure of her name but it's a character from the animated series that followed the original series. I am yet to watch it but I do know they expanded the cast to include much more alien looking crew that they didn't have the tech to do in the live action show.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Oh, now you're starting something
    Just stating a simple truth boyo

The order of Star Trek Captains from best to worst are easily

*Kirk. KIRK KIRK SHATNER SHATNER KIRK FANBOY GUSH KIRK!
    *Spock
    *Scott
    *Sulu
    *Sisko
    *Picard

biiiig gap then...

*Janeway
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    L.M.A.O. Explains the husky deep voice.
    Yep - she (IF she really is a she) was awful! Nothing but cups of tea and crying 7of9 should have killed her and become captain herself!

*Archer
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    No love for Captain Archer?
    Like the head of Takei said 'Thanks for ruining the franchise Bacula!'
    T'Pol should have killed him and her become captain!

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I'm not sure of her name but it's a character from the animated series that followed the original series. I am yet to watch it but I do know they expanded the cast to include much more alien looking crew that they didn't have the tech to do in the live action show.
    The character you are thinking of is Lieutenant M'Ress, a female Caitian. There was also Lieutenant Arex, whose Edosian species had three arms and three legs.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    There was also Lieutenant Arex, whose Edosian species had three arms and three legs.
    So Rolf Harris is half Edosian.

I'll show myself out...

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    So Rolf Harris is half Edosian.
    Bwah hahaha!

I’ll totally pay that - nice one!

Star Trek crossover? It's about time. Crossover with the animated series? Unexpected.

But complaints about Windblade? Questioning if Janeway a woman and saying she's always crying? Would have hoped that a discussion about Star Trek and Tranformers wouldn't have got so sexist so quickly. I mean this isn't another Star Wars thread is it?

Galvatran Guest

Way to kill an active thread.

Just cos we're Transformers &/or Star Trek fans doesn't mean characters are beyond reproach. We have our favourites & those we'd rather use as bum wipes. God help me if we can't express our views cos someone wants to pull out the sexist card at every turn. Come at me all you religious nutters.