Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DVD Players

I recently just bought an Olin Portable player (with a 7" screen) from officeworks which was multi-region as well as divx compatible. Took it on the car trip to Melb before christmas and up till now, it's still running

It also comes with the necessary cables (audio as well) to hook it up to the TV and a remote.

It cost me $129 I think.

I've got a Panasonic DVD player which I've hadfor yonks now. Never had a hassle with it and it is region unlocked. I specifically was after a region free DVD player to play imported DVD's and that is what I demanded from my salesperson. Panasonic themselves provided a 1 button remote to unlock the thing which they sent me. Only have to use it once and no dramas since. None of this scouring the net for region unlock codes garbage.

I found out that my Soniq doesn't convert 5.1 to 2ch... so now I think I'm gonna need to by an amp and more speakers and finally force myself to set up some rudimentary home theatre. Graaargh... more spendage. :/

dude, you can find cheap speaker sets anywhere, and it also help to do a bit of reading so you know what you're buying

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Totally agree... but you wouldn't buy cheap speakers so cheap that they would break next week

hows this - logitech 5.1ch speakers for $99?

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

(eight-year thread necro)

For anyone who's interested, if you have a Panasonic BD player that's region-locked, you can have it unlocked at an authorised service centre. Mine was within warranty, but the service centre told me that they'll do it for free as long as you have the receipt, irrespective of age.

I don't know about other brands, but it might be worth investigating to see if they can do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    (eight-year thread necro)

For anyone who's interested, if you have a Panasonic BD player that's region-locked, you can have it unlocked at an authorised service centre. Mine was within warranty, but the service centre told me that they'll do it for free as long as you have the receipt, irrespective of age.

I don't know about other brands, but it might be worth investigating to see if they can do something similar.
    which centre, I haven't bothered getting ours done simply because I only found out about it just after the year was up.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    which centre, I haven't bothered getting ours done simply because I only found out about it just after the year was up.
    When I called Panasonic, they offered me the choice of two service centres in Sydney: one at Miranda and one at Seven Hills. I chose Seven Hills.

My understanding was that you won't necessarily need a service number from Panasonic, but check with them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    When I called Panasonic, they offered me the choice of two service centres in Sydney: one at Miranda and one at Seven Hills. I chose Seven Hills.

My understanding was that you won't necessarily need a service number from Panasonic, but check with them anyway.
    cool thanks, I've got a few region A/1 discs I'd like to watch.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)