Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alien Posable Figures

Default Alien Posable Figures

Do any of the Alien collectors on this board have recommendations for the best poseable HR Giger Alien figure? I'm only really interested in the Classic Alien, like in the first movie.

The NECA one looks like a bargain but RAH and Hot Toys might be better...?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I only have the NECA releases - they're ok in terms of articulation, but nothing exciting.

They're good value for money if you simply want a display piece which has nice detailing that has a bit of articulation (see my pics here).

Revoltech also makes an Alien figure, but you can pretty much get two NECA ones for the same money.

I guess it depends really on how much articulation and detail you're looking for and how much your budget is.

For what it's worth I have the revoltech one and it suffers from the usual revoltech click joints. So posability is kinda hit and miss. Finish and general quality is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I only have the NECA releases - they're ok in terms of articulation, but nothing exciting.

They're good value for money if you simply want a display piece which has nice detailing that has a bit of articulation (see my pics here).

Revoltech also makes an Alien figure, but you can pretty much get two NECA ones for the same money.

I guess it depends really on how much articulation and detail you're looking for and how much your budget is.
    Nice pics VP Thanks for the feedback.

It looks pretty good. So that's the 18" NECA, not the 7"?

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    For what it's worth I have the revoltech one and it suffers from the usual revoltech click joints. So posability is kinda hit and miss. Finish and general quality is good though.
    Yeah I have the Revoltech Aliens too, they are pretty good for what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Nice pics VP Thanks for the feedback.

It looks pretty good. So that's the 18" NECA, not the 7"?
    Nope, it's the 7" (or so) one that came in the Aliens Vs Predator two pack.

I also have the NECA 7" AVP Hybrid Alien and Alien Warrior, which I have yet to open, so if you want pics of those ones, I'll try & find the time between building Gundams to crack them open and take some pics for you.

Ahh, excellent. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Ahh, excellent. Thanks a lot!
    So does that mean you'd like me to take some pics of the Predalien and the Warrior?

I'm mostly interested in finding a really good larger scale Alien for my bro for his birthday next month, so I'm currently researching.

He likes the Alien and Predator mythos so it would be useful to know what's out there and what looks good, regardless of scale. So if you wouldn't mind taking a few of your awesome pics that would be appreciated.

Here's pics of the Predator from the same pack.

I'll try and find some time over the next few days to crack open the other two and take some pics for you.

If he likes the whole Alien/Predator series, it might be a good idea to get him a couple of the 7" NECA ones so he can have a series of them as opposed to splurging on one larger scale figure - just my 2c.

Please don't feel any need to open anything you want to keep sealed. Those pics are really all the info I need. The Predator looks good, much better than the Revoltech one anyway.