Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new user

Default new user

hello all
    Im new around these parts.
    I am not from Australia though. I hope thats ok.
    Have been a TF fan all my life, but I forgot about it after G1 (I was very young) but the BW brought me back. The BW saga has been my favorite ever since, though TF Prime is up there right now. The writing for that show is almost as good as BW dare I say.. haha.
    I have a rather large TF collection, but I also collect Japanese Robots. I am also a huge Metroid collector as well.

Nice to meet you all.

Hello and Mabuhay!. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy interacting with everyone here! Love looking at collections here so post your collection pic in the Grapple's Section, just make your own thread and you can keep updating it

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Welcome aboard VGM!

I'm with Liege, post up some collection pics if you've got a couple!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Decepticon Guest

Welcome! It's good to get some fresh overseas blood in this place!

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Welcome! It's good to get some fresh overseas blood in this place!
    Another BWs!!!! Now I'm getting worried. I'm yet to watch BWs for the 1st time; what if I fail to find it appealing, should I just kill myself?

Welcome and you'll love here!

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!

VGM, anyone who is a massive Beast Wars and/or TF: Prime fan is damn welcome here!
    Like many others, I love perusing the collections of others so I too hope you'll consider posting some pics.

I've also a thing for big Japanese Robots/Mecha so am curious as to what lines/franchises interest yourself?
    Also, who's your favourite characters from both Beast Wars and TF: Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    but the BW brought me back. The BW saga has been my favorite ever since,
    And the BW cartoon was made in Canada too! (although in Vancouver, not Ottawa - but close enough ). So did you watch it as "Beasties"?

though TF Prime is up there right now. The writing for that show is almost as good as BW dare I say.. haha.
    BW is substantially better than TF Prime IMO.

wow what a warm welcome. thank you guys.
    I dont have group pictures of my collection as most of my collection, about 90% of it is boxed up due to space restraints. Until I get a bigger place they will remain in stasis lock. But Ill search for some pics of what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee
    I'm yet to watch BWs for the 1st time; what if I fail to find it appealing, should I just kill myself?
    Dont worry Arcee, if you dont like it then that alright. But I have a feeling you might. The writing is just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon
    I've also a thing for big Japanese Robots/Mecha so am curious as to what lines/franchises interest yourself?
    Also, who's your favourite characters from both Beast Wars and TF: Prime?
    Oh my. This can be a long list. But Ill try to name off a few from memory.
    Soul of Chogokin, Super Robot Chogokin, Gundam (many different lines), Super Sentai, Max Factory, Brave, GaoGaiGar, Yamato Garland, Medarot, Bandai, Revoltech, Transformers. Thats all I can think of right now. But I have many more.

Favorite characters in BW: Rhinox & Dinobot, in that order.
    TF Prime: Starscream, Megatron. They are both deliciously evil! I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime
    So did you watch it as "Beasties"?
    *Cringe* Please for the love of the All Spark, NEVER call it that. I absolutly hate that title. Its so pathetic that they had to change it for Canada because we couldnt handle the word "wars" in the title. So sad.

And I agree BW is still better, just that the writing of TFPrime is really good so far. Was slow at the start but its picking up. Its tons better then TF Animated. haha.

wow what a warm welcome. thank you guys.
    I dont have group pictures of my collection as most of my collection, about 90% of it is boxed up due to space restraints. Until I get a bigger place they will remain in stasis lock. But Ill search for some pics of what I have.
    Ah, that's fair enough but we'll be looking forward to whatever you're able to share.

Oh my. This can be a long list. But Ill try to name off a few from memory.
    Soul of Chogokin, Super Robot Chogokin, Gundam (many different lines), Super Sentai, Max Factory, Brave, GaoGaiGar, Yamato Garland, Medarot, Bandai, Revoltech, Transformers. Thats all I can think of right now. But I have many more.
    Man, that is a mightily impressive list indeed and not exactly a cheap one either.
    I've the Tekkaman Blade & Pegas from Soul of Chogokin, a couple of the original Megazords, have drooled incessantly over the Guyver Units (I, II and III) from Max Factory but have 6 Revoltechs comprised mainly of Getter Robos, GR-2 and Gurren with Lagann.
    I've seen the GaoGaiGar combiner figure from Takara and have been very tempted by that figure, I've no clue what GaoGaiGar is about mind you.

Favorite characters in BW: Rhinox & Dinobot, in that order.
    TF Prime: Starscream, Megatron. They are both deliciously evil! I love it.
    Rhinox and Dinobot, a pair of very strong choices and Verno will be quite pleased with Rhinox.
    My own favourites are TM2 Dinobot and TM Tarantulas, they're at the top but are followed up extremely close by pretty much the rest of the cast as I love that show so much.

Megatron and Starscream eh?, I definitely agree with Megatron as he is the best version for quite some time IMO, he just looks so freakin' powerful yet utterly frightening with that face and eyes of his but he sounds excellent too.
    Though he has been rather silent both in sight and sound, I've really fallen in love with TF: Prime Soundwave too; it's such a logical and yet creative twist on the character but his lack of screen time is rather disappointing.
    (Internet Personality: Vangelus' view of Soundwave is something I subscribe to greatly also )

*Cringe* Please for the love of the All Spark, NEVER call it that. I absolutly hate that title. Its so pathetic that they had to change it for Canada because we couldnt handle the word "wars" in the title. So sad.
    I remember, way back in the day, downloading some Real Media files of a couple of episodes of Beast Wars, when the intro started and the title was spoken I was completely baffled by what I was presented with... Beasties?
    I thought I had been duped into downloading a dodgy file... Nope, the quality certainly was dodgy but the title was legit; I felt sorry for you guys as it's usually the UK or us down south that tend to have bewildering classification laws.

And I agree BW is still better, just that the writing of TFPrime is really good so far. Was slow at the start but its picking up. Its tons better then TF Animated. haha.
    Sir, I agree with you firmly and tip my hat to you.
    (TF: Animated's 3rd season isn't too bad, visually the show is just horrible though IMO)

It was seeing the references in BW of the original G1 series that made BW even more awesome. Welcome !!