Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Evening

Default Good Evening

Hello.

Was a long time member of Theyareamongus under this same user name. Been out of the collecting game for a long while now but still make the really odd TF or GI Joe related purchase (one or two a year maybe). But since my interest does still gets sparked every once in a while and since the TAAU forum seems to of been switched off all together now I figure I may as well bite the bullet and join here. From say 2000 to 2005 was obsessed with collecting TF's and metal music, these days I don't care overly about either of them. I now focus on playing/watching/researching cricket and watching burlesque shows.

Thats my story, I hope you all sleep easier with that knowledge.

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!

Glad you've decided to bite the bullet dude, hopefully we'll be able to boost your enthusiasm for the franchise a little bit again eh?

So what lines did/do you favour and what's your favoured faction/character?
    Also, as a fellow Metal Head; who might your favoured bands be? - Are you heading to the Soundwave Music festival?

Also, should you have pics of your collection please do consider posting them for us here as we love to peruse the collections of others af you might know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!

So what lines did/do you favour and what's your favoured faction/character?
    Also, as a fellow Metal Head; who might your favoured bands be? - Are you heading to the Soundwave Music festival?

Also, should you have pics of your collection please do consider posting them for us here as we love to peruse the collections of others af you might know.
    Hi. To answer you questions I always mostly into G1 collecting with a bit of G2 thrown in, also went through a BW II/Neo phase. But gerenally I liked to own at least something from every new line but eventually got sick endless repaints etc. I think Energon was the last line a got anything new from. As a kid I always like Windcharger, but on reflection I dont really know why as having reviewed the G1 episodes years later, he's either getting shot or is dead nearly ever time he was on screen...

As for music, at the moment I'm listening to a lot Australian stuff like Portal, Gospel Of The Horns, Innsmouth, Shackles, Cauldron Black Ram, Trench Hell, Armoured Angel etc. and foreign bands like Sigh, Hail Of Bullets, Comecon, Voivod, Sodom. I haven't listened to these in a while but some of all time favourites are Rage, Annihilator and Savatage. Non metal I like right now is Santana and Harry Nilsson. But this time of year most of listening is on ABC radio for the cricket.
    Not going to Soundwave this year, went to the last 2 but there'sr eally not enough I like to warrant going this time, was never that much into the late 90's/early 2000's type bands that seem to be the drawcards this year. However I will be going to the Cathedral/Paradise Lost sideshow. Since it's apparently their last tour, it would of been cool to of seen Cathedral in the festival setting, but oh well, sideshow should be fine.

Don't have any collections pictures at the moment, my stuff is all bagged and boxed at the moment. But perhaps one day...

Burlesque shows?

Nice user name. I really like that. How has it not already been taken?

Welcome to OzFormers!!
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Burlesque shows?

Nice user name. I really like that. How has it not already been taken?

Welcome to OzFormers!!
    Yes. I have a close friend who performs from time to time, and because of that I've met and befriended others who are involved. Certainly an interesting little scene...

Same user name I registered with at TAAU and Seibertron (plus other small/forgotten forums) over 10 years ago, no one else ever had it first. I was going to register here with my actual name but I noticed there's old time TAAU members around so figured I'd use it again as a reference point to start with least.

Thanks.

welcome!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by Metallikato View Post
    Hi. To answer you questions I always mostly into G1 collecting with a bit of G2 thrown in, also went through a BW II/Neo phase. But gerenally I liked to own at least something from every new line but eventually got sick endless repaints etc. I think Energon was the last line a got anything new from. As a kid I always like Windcharger, but on reflection I dont really know why as having reviewed the G1 episodes years later, he's either getting shot or is dead nearly ever time he was on screen...
    Yeah, poor old Windcharger didn't get much of a chance huh? - His toy though is quite cool, maybe that's why you liked him so?

Ah, good old G1/G2 figures - Still forming a basis for the franchise after so long, interesting to hear you were on a BW II/Neo kick at one point though as they're a pair of lines I'm trying to complete now.
    Were you much of a fan of Beast Wars?, I'm a bid of an avid fan so am curious as to what figures stand out to you from all 3 lines; BW/II/Neo?

Repaints are a constant pain nowadays too; the obvious ones like the Seekers, Autobot cars (Prowl, Sideswipe etc) and such I think can be forgiven but things like Nightwatch/Strike/Allspark/Premium/Fireblast and that sort of ilk only adds to the clutter of shelf-warming that we seem to get here IMO.

As for music, at the moment I'm listening to a lot Australian stuff like Portal, Gospel Of The Horns, Innsmouth, Shackles, Cauldron Black Ram, Trench Hell, Armoured Angel etc. and foreign bands like Sigh, Hail Of Bullets, Comecon, Voivod, Sodom. I haven't listened to these in a while but some of all time favourites are Rage, Annihilator and Savatage. Non metal I like right now is Santana and Harry Nilsson. But this time of year most of listening is on ABC radio for the cricket.
    Hehe, out of all those bands you've mentioned I've heard of about 2; Voivod & Sodom and I've not heard much of their stuff at that.
    My knowledge of Aussie metal pretty much consists of a little bit of Dungeon and Lord, most of the other local bands I used to like were garage bands that've basically disappeared from existence.

I'm currently going through a Judas Priest discovery at the moment, Metal in it's entirety really has been one big journey of discovery for me as I'm the eldest in my family and my parents were more into ABBA or Creedence Clearwater Revival; so I've not had a lot of home-grown influences there but my mate 1AZRAEL1 has been quite the guide since we first met back in the 7th grade.

Not going to Soundwave this year, went to the last 2 but there'sr eally not enough I like to warrant going this time, was never that much into the late 90's/early 2000's type bands that seem to be the drawcards this year. However I will be going to the Cathedral/Paradise Lost sideshow. Since it's apparently their last tour, it would of been cool to of seen Cathedral in the festival setting, but oh well, sideshow should be fine.
    Neither am I unfortunately, I went to last years though and was thoroughly impressed with getting to see Devildriver, Dimmu Borgir, Rob Zombie, Iron Maiden and others - The sideshows are an excellent idea too as I got to see Fear Factory for the 1st time the year prior that way and I personally think that they're better than the 'Main Event' IMO as one doesn't have to worry about overlaps and the sets seem to be bigger/longer too.

Don't have any collections pictures at the moment, my stuff is all bagged and boxed at the moment. But perhaps one day...
    Well, if/when you do man I hope you'll consider it but in the mean time; I hope you enjoy your time here and hopefully it'll get you keen again about collecting without breaking your wallet in the process.

Well Hi, Good to have you back Yeah TAAU looks dead now. Enjoy your new home.

Mabuhay and Welcome to the forum!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]