View Poll Results: MP-14 (Red) Alert - worth buying?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 78.79%
  • Only if...

7 21.21%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Alert (Red Alert)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm curious to know if they fixed the issue with the shoulders or not.
    Same shoulders on both my SS and RA. Mine aren't at all loose though, they seem to stay in place quite well.

I love this toy! The colours are a bright vibrant red and pure white. It just needed a bit of a polish and everything is gleaming. Much happier with Alert than Sideswipe in terms of finish. Joints are tight and secure, and the new headsculpt looks a lot better as it loses that squinty look of Sideswipe.
    I also like the subtle mould changes like the faux wheels on the shoulders and the nubs on the chest piece as a nod to the G1 toy. Maybe a few more paint apps to bring out the detail but that's minor nitpicking.
    9/10 well done Takara Tomy!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Same shoulders on both my SS and RA. Mine aren't at all loose though, they seem to stay in place quite well.
    Even when you play with them? Cos that's the issue I've got with my Sideswipe -- the shoulders are fine if you just pose it or carefully fiddle with the toy, but once I start playing with it (e.g. making him fight etc.), then I find the shoulders are prone to popping out really, really easily. And I found the same issue on someone else's MP Sideswipe too, so it doesn't appear to be isolated only to my toy (unless it's a freak batch).

Just cracked mine open today.

MMmmm, full of winaliscious!!

The colours look great! the red thighs and stuff are faabulous and the whit is so whitey, its loooovley!!

Even his headphones are cool!

No idea about the Sideswipe issues as I didn't purchase him, but my red Alert is wonderfully crafted and painted.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

The paint is alot more smooth and consistent, the circuit trouble attachment, makes me think red-alert is wearing a spiky bra on his head lol

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Even when you play with them? Cos that's the issue I've got with my Sideswipe -- the shoulders are fine if you just pose it or carefully fiddle with the toy, but once I start playing with it (e.g. making him fight etc.), then I find the shoulders are prone to popping out really, really easily. And I found the same issue on someone else's MP Sideswipe too, so it doesn't appear to be isolated only to my toy (unless it's a freak batch).
    I'm not a particularly vigorous 'player', but yeah, the arms basically stay in place even when I gently shake the figure. My 'good' shoulders on Lambor and Red Alert nearly make up for the ordinary paint apps I got on both. Sill pretty great toys though!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    The paint is alot more smooth and consistent, the circuit trouble attachment, makes me think red-alert is wearing a spiky bra on his head lol
    Lol. "Hey, Red Alert! Madonna called: she wants her bra back!"

I wonder at why Red Alert's speed is "3", maybe he is too paranoid to drive at his stated top speed of 297kph?

Had to go and grab him out of the display case while driving a Countach in Need for Speed Most Wanted!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

anyone have issues with his "hand" gun not staying in his hands well/ at all