Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TF Prime Beast Hunters Predacons Rising

There has to be some 'more' of this movie surely. It doesn't feel complete.

I know what you Mean by Saying it wasn't Epic but it was still Pretty good. I think We're meant to believe in the end that everybody just gets along megatron, starscream the preds are all.....one and live together happily

ps how did shockwave survive and also why?

i was pretty disappointed with this movie... i was expecting too much i suspose as the lead up to it was getting really good as the story was getting abit more mature and "dark" plus the third season fight scene was really good in direction , but in this film it wasn't thought out as much . The scene where OP tries to get the spark didn't even feel like he was in any real danger at all, but he was risking his very life to get it! I felt that this filmed was rushed out as they wanted this over with , even with megs new body design was't as epic as when OP got his new body , they could of gave him the shark body of the BH toy infused with dark energon would of been even better!
    It just could of been a great epic movie as they had all the right element in there but it felt very flat and average and you wouldn't missed anything if you didn't watch it at all.

I thought it was rather good - lots of great action sequences, lots of little plot devices from over the last few seasons coming together, lots of lore, lots of different factions and alliances changing - good stuff!

The only group it didn't have was Arachnid and the Insecticons, might have been cool even a throw away shot of her sitting on her throne on the moon, watching everything unfold on the planet below.

I can't help but compare this with the finale episodes of Beast Machines ("Seeds of the Future"). Seeds of the Future was a much better executed story; tighter without the sloppy loose ends and much darker and grittier (though arguably BM was too dark). SotF was also a lot more intensive with all the surviving cast having an important role to play, and it kept the pace moving a better too. Predacons Rising on the other hand had a few too many stalling points. Optimus Prime's AllSpark Quest could've been shorter; and the battle at the Well of AllSparks... the Autobots seemed to just stand around spectating with nothing better to do while the Predacons took on the Zombie-Preds and Optimus Prime battled Unicron. For a moment it almost felt like Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Smokescreen and Arcee could just flip out some deck chairs and chillax.

Having said that, the end result of Predacon Rising was better than Beast Machines IMHO. Both stories end with Optimus Primal/Prime sacrificing themselves to restore life to Cybertron. But Predacon Rising does it in a way that doesn't dead end continuity by transforming Cybertron into a technorganic garden. So at least there's potential for the story to be continued from (if the next upcoming series is indeed going to do so). Whereas Beast Machines is notorious for having effectively dead-ended the G1 continuity family. Gah.

As for Megatron, there is something cool in SotF in that both Optimus and Megatron sacrificed themselves to restore Cybertron (though involuntarily so from the latter ). But I do like the idea of Megatron changing his views on oppression having experienced it first hand. It's like the reversal of the rise of G1 Megatron in the IDW comics; originally a pacifist who turned to violence and megalomania, whereas in TFP Megatron was originally a violent megalomania who's turned to pacifism. I actually think that's pretty cool... although whether writers can KEEP Megatron that way or somehow make him change his mind in the next series remains to be seen. Somehow I suspect it will be the latter.

So IMHO Seeds of the Future had the better journey, but Predacons Rising has the better destination.

In regards to the whole Shockwave arc: I saw it as he did die at the hands of the terrorcons but was also resurrected as one (he reappears, grey with dark energon accents) *but* being Shockwave instead of coming back as a snarling zombie he comes back and speaks emotionally, he was proud to see his predacons survive and I have a feeling if that scene went longer he probably would've told Predating how bit was Starscream's idea to lure the Autobots to the cloning lab on Earth in season 3.

Gok, you know what's really cool about Megatron's change of heart? The fact that if the new series is a continuation of the Prime universe, Megatron could potentially fight along side the Autobots.

I reckon they should bring in the quintessons, throw out their G1 back story and just bring them in as another type of transforming robotic lifeform. That's just me though. They still have Airachnid out on the moon with her "terrorsecticons."

So who here after watching this moved Knockout from the Decepticon shelf to the Autobot shelf? And more importantly who was stoked doing so?

I just saw Shockwave as having survived... the Zombies overwhelmed him but moved off to complete their primary objective of assaulting the Well of AllSparks. Killing Shockwave was never their objective; they only attacked him when he stood in their way. I saw the darker greys as just being being gritty/dirty/damaged from the fight. Possibly also a homage to Astro Magnum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    So who here after watching this moved Knockout from the Decepticon shelf to the Autobot shelf? And more importantly who was stoked doing so?
    Nope.

He's was a Decepticon for the bulk of the series, so on my TFP Decepticon shelf he'll stay. There have been plenty of Transformers who've switched sides at one point or another, e.g.:
    + Catilla = originally a member of the Decepticon Mayhem Attack Squad, he and Carnivac later joined with surviving members of the Wreckers after the Time Wars, forming an alliance known as the Survivors. The toy is marketed/sold as an Autobot, so he's on an Autobot shelf (while Carnivac is on a Decepticon shelf).
    + Jetfire (G1) = in both the G1 comics and cartoon he started off as a Decepticon then later became an Autobot. Toy is marketed as an Autobot, so he's on an Autobot shelf.
    + Doubleclouder = I don't have this toy, but if I did I'd keep him on the shelf according to how he's marketed as. I have Doubledealer who's marketed as a Decepticon, so on my Decepticon shelf he lives (though Doubledealer never switched sides)
    + Longtooth = violated what it means to be an Autobot (though never became a Decepticon) -- on my Autobot shelf. A similar argument could be made for G1 Grimlock (although Grimlock underwent redemption).
    + Sunstreaker = made a pact w/ the Decepticons. But I still see him as an Autobot.
    + A lot of G2 Autobots started off as Decepticons but later switched sides (e.g. Rotor Force). I categorise them as Autobots.
    + Dinobot = originally a Predacon, then Maximal, then Predacon, then Maximal. He's on my Maximal shelf.
    + Dinobot II = originally a Predacon, then ultimately turned against Megatron to assist the Maximals (though he never formally switched sides). He's on my Predacon shelf.
    + Blackarachnia = originally a Maximal protoform forged as a Predacon, then allied herself w/ the Maximals (but as a Predacon). Displayed w/ Predacons. The Transmetal II toy has a Spark Crystal that can flip around to show either Maximal or Predacon insignia, but the toy itself is packaged/marketed as a Maximal and TM2 Blackarachnia exclusively allied herself w/ the Maximals in the cartoon, so she's w/ my Maximals.
    + Tankor = always a Vehicon, but was once a Maximal. He stands w/ my Vehicons.
    + Jetstorm (BM) = Ditto.
    + Obsidian & Strika = originally Vehicons, then joined the Maximals, then switched back to the Vehicon team. I classify them as Vehicons.
    + Armada Wheeljack & Micron Legend Rampage = ex Autobots who became Decepticons. They're both w/ my Armada Decepticons.
    + Blackarachnia (Animated) = originally an Autobot (Elita-1), later joined the Decepticons. Mine sits on my Animated Decepticon shelf.
    + Movieverse = Sentinel Prime; an Autobot who allied himself w/ the Decepticons and betrayed the Autobots. My DotM Sentinel Prime toys stand w/ my movieverse Autobots.

Then there are all the Transformers who blur the lines between Autobot and Decepticon...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I can't help but compare this with the finale episodes of Beast Machines ("Seeds of the Future"). Seeds of the Future was a much better executed story; tighter without the sloppy loose ends and much darker and grittier (though arguably BM was too dark). SotF was also a lot more intensive with all the surviving cast having an important role to play, and it kept the pace moving a better too. Predacons Rising on the other hand had a few too many stalling points. Optimus Prime's AllSpark Quest could've been shorter; and the battle at the Well of AllSparks... the Autobots seemed to just stand around spectating with nothing better to do while the Predacons took on the Zombie-Preds and Optimus Prime battled Unicron. For a moment it almost felt like Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Smokescreen and Arcee could just flip out some deck chairs and chillax.

Having said that, the end result of Predacon Rising was better than Beast Machines IMHO. Both stories end with Optimus Primal/Prime sacrificing themselves to restore life to Cybertron. But Predacon Rising does it in a way that doesn't dead end continuity by transforming Cybertron into a technorganic garden. So at least there's potential for the story to be continued from (if the next upcoming series is indeed going to do so). Whereas Beast Machines is notorious for having effectively dead-ended the G1 continuity family. Gah.

As for Megatron, there is something cool in SotF in that both Optimus and Megatron sacrificed themselves to restore Cybertron (though involuntarily so from the latter ). But I do like the idea of Megatron changing his views on oppression having experienced it first hand. It's like the reversal of the rise of G1 Megatron in the IDW comics; originally a pacifist who turned to violence and megalomania, whereas in TFP Megatron was originally a violent megalomania who's turned to pacifism. I actually think that's pretty cool... although whether writers can KEEP Megatron that way or somehow make him change his mind in the next series remains to be seen. Somehow I suspect it will be the latter.

So IMHO Seeds of the Future had the better journey, but Predacons Rising has the better destination.
    Best review yet imho, thanks Gok I have watched most of BM but not until the end, I will have to make an effort to find it now.