View Poll Results: Arms Micron Gaia Unicron - worth getting?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh hells yeah!

2 22.22%
  • Only if...

5 55.56%
  • Na

2 22.22%
  • Are you freaking kidding me? No way man!

0 0%

Thread: Toy Review - Arms Micron Gaia Unicron

Default Toy Review - Arms Micron Gaia Unicron

Series - Transformers Prime
    Sub-line – Arms Micron
    Size/class - Voyager
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Never – only in Asia
    Approximate Retail Price - $70Aus
    Approximate Size - 25cm
    Allegiance – Himself/Decepticon
    Alt-mode – Space Cruiser/Mech Armor
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Triple Changer, Comes with AM Partner Bogu, Can become armor for Voyager Prime or Megatron
    Main Colours – Gold, Orange, Grey
    Main Accessories – Bogu

Robot Mode
    *Absolutely beautiful, one of the most stylized in my collection by far. There is nary a straight line or right angle on him, everything is curved or spiked. His head horns, giant shoulder spikes and skeletal wings in particular look impressive. There is a bit much bulk in his legs but that is nevessary for the transformation. His giant stone arm is very reminiscent of his stone appearance in S1 of TFP. Bogu becomes the majority of the left arm, ending in a spike.

Space Cruiser Mode
    *Damn weird! From the front he looks kinda cool, like some very weird, almost organic looking, alien spaceship. Turn him round and there is what is very obviously a huge version of Unicrons face, surrounded by a giant golden mullet that would put Warrick Cappa to shame. Why they decided to go this way I do not know, if anyone has seen the Arms Micron cartoon maybe they can fill me in.

Mech Armor mode

*I have yet to try this mode and it’s in part the reason I got Unicron, so I could hook him up to Voyager Megatron to kind of recreate the ‘Predacons Rising’ fusion of the two. Sadly both Megs and Op are in a crate somewhere and it could take me a week or two of searching before I find one of them to try it out. An interesting idea, Unicron enveloping/armoring the two leaders, though from other reviews I have read most of the bulk of him hangs off the back of their combined form.

Transformation

*Doable but bits can be quite fiddly. To be honest since his alt-modes look so weird compared to his beautiful robot mode it’s almost not worth it. At least Takara/Tomy instructions are FAR superior to Hasbro ones so that helps smooth the process somewhat.

Bogu
    *As Arms Micron partners go, I’d say he is the weakest I have come across so far. His animal mode is a cycloptic mole on little tank tracks made out of the same kind of stone as Unicron’s right arm. His alt-mode is to become a stone claw/Unicrons left arm so he is pretty much almost unusable by the other characters. Overall kind of interesting, but pales in comparison to the likes of Igu S.

Worth getting?
    *Well Unicron is pretty pricey, usually about $70Aus plus. Even though I knew he was a Voyager, I was somehow still expecting him to be bigger than he is as well, though he is bulky and a decent enough size. If you are a completest of TFPrime or Arms Micron I’d say he’s a must have, and his robot mode is a big 10 out of 10 in my book! The other modes let him down a bit and that combined with a hefty pricetag could rule him out for some people.

the alt mode could be considered as a volcanic mountain with unicron face.
    The two pack OP and Gaia Unicron was at sale a while ago for US$30 from original price of US$75 here in Indonesia, they were scalped and price increased to US$45-55 online.

he looks quite allright with those gold parts, but having weak presentation in both modes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Space Cruiser Mode
    *Damn weird! From the front he looks kinda cool, like some very weird, almost organic looking, alien spaceship. Turn him round and there is what is very obviously a huge version of Unicrons face, surrounded by a giant golden mullet that would put Warrick Cappa to shame. Why they decided to go this way I do not know, if anyone has seen the Arms Micron cartoon maybe they can fill me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by neeno View Post
    that there be your answer. I accept that as the "real" alt Mode as it more accurately reflects Unicrom from the last episodes of Prime Season one. Lightening bolts and all.
    see below:

My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by neeno View Post
    The two pack OP and Gaia Unicron was at sale a while ago for US$30 from original price of US$75 here in Indonesia, they were scalped and price increased to US$45-55 online.

he looks quite allright with those gold parts, but having weak presentation in both modes.
    Woah.. thirty bucks. Would! Get!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Woah.. thirty bucks. Would! Get!
    I wish i could get you one, but they were sold out at the store just 3 weeks ago and scalpers are selling them for $45-50, i passed because i already have the op and don't want the unicron. he looks silly being combined as a mardi gras cape or whatever.