Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple Transformers movie sequels and spin-offs to come?

I hope they do a Cyber Planet Key Hunt movie with the Cybertron Cast that haven't already got Movie Characters, ie Hot Shot, Vector Prime, Landmine (although he 'appears' in the first movie I don't think he really counts), Red Alert, Overhaul/Leobreaker and some of the other planet bots (Override, Brakedown, Metroplex, Backstop for example) against a group of Decepticons, Crumplezone, Ransack, Thundercracker, Thunderblast for example

I know some of these characters have appeared in the IDW comics but since when have Bay and his goons payed any attention to those.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Are they intending to do standalone movies running alongside the 'main' franchise, like the new Star Wars series? Without knowing any better, I'm guessing there will be 'side' movies running alongside/in between Transformers 5 or Transformers 6.

At the very least, there will hopefully be a framework or overarching plot for the next few movies - the movies to date have all been 'episodic', seemingly adding to what's gone before and leaving room for a sequel instead of being serialised/conceived from the start as being part of a series.

A Beast Wars movie showing Transformers battling in Earth's prehistoric past. The Knights may have been involved in the Beast Wars, explaining the saurian alt modes. Much like the IDW Dinobots, they may have originally had realistic fleshy dino modes, but the synthetic flesh was later removed. The sequel would occur millenia after the capture of the Dinobots; dinosaurs are extinct (thanks to the aliens), and Earth is now teeming with new life including the rise of mammals and other non-prehistoric animals.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    A Beast Wars movie showing Transformers battling in Earth's prehistoric past. The Knights may have been involved in the Beast Wars, explaining the saurian alt modes. Much like the IDW Dinobots, they may have originally had realistic fleshy dino modes, but the synthetic flesh was later removed. The sequel would occur millenia after the capture of the Dinobots; dinosaurs are extinct (thanks to the aliens), and Earth is now teeming with new life including the rise of mammals and other non-prehistoric animals.
    That would actually make sense, but i like my movies to be full of incomprehensible plot lines, card board acting and explosions every time somebody opens a door

I like it how we're saying cool ideas that Hasbro are going to ignore.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

this is just the same kind of PR stunt that they did when they ousted Leboef and brought in Marky Mark - Different label same bad taste.

Hasbro "What can we do to make the Transformers popular in theatre's again?"

Bay "We'll say I'm not coming back and hire decent writers but then change our mind last minute and I'll out the same stuff again"

Hasbro "Its genius they wont know it's rubbish until after they fork out the cash, Cha Ching".

Maybe a Golden Age/Prime/Megatron Origins movie..

Or a series of Wreckers movie leading up to the last stand? Obviously, all Wreckers will be replaced by humans ..who are possibly a bunch of GI Joes.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

what ever they do will be based on earth and revolve around a pointless human character even optimus had enough by the end of AoE he was like i have to go my planet needs me

Anyone else think for the TFCU to work, they need to revive a lot of characters? I'm thinking megatron probably needs to be the most

Quote Originally Posted by Autobot1995 View Post
    Anyone else think for the TFCU to work, they need to revive a lot of characters? I'm thinking megatron probably needs to be the most
    There's literally hundreds of existing Transformers characters who don't have a movie-verse representative. They'd could do fine without reviving any. Of course prequels give you that opportunity to use guys like Megatron if needed.

Leaving aside Movieverse characters that have the same name as G1 characters, you're still left with Autobots like Prowl, Bluestreak, Sunstreaker, Tracks, Trailbreaker, Cliffjumper, Hoist, Red Alert, Gears, Powerglide, Seaspray, Perceptor Springer, Blurr, Ultra Magnus, to name just a few.

And that's without basing characters on things other than G1. Unicron Trilogy's Cyclonus, Tidal Wave, Snowcat, Thunderblast, Thundercracker, Ransack, Crumplezone, Menasor and Scourge are waiting for their turn to cause chaos on the big screen too.

And even teams of Decepticons. You could have movie about a set of Autobot cars (pick any from the list above) on a mission to stop the Stunticons - but maybe I just saw Mad Max and want to see a movie-length transforming car chase.

What I think about when I see all those names is not, what "Transformers" stories are they going to tell, it's what "humans interacting with Transformers" stories are they going to tell. For a good chunk of Budiansky's run on the Marvel comic, those are the stories he told. And while I wouldn't want to see them redo those stories they do show there's plenty of range for human-based films across many genres:

• The romantic comedy about a young woman named Charlene who falls in love with the car she finds broken down by the side of the road.
    • The crime film about wannabe gangster Joey Slick who finds a powerful gun that is actually a Decepticon in alt mode (Browning I guess).
    • The road trip story about the truck driver Bomber Bill trying to get his truck back after it's stolen by some Decepticons with the help of a talking truck.
    • The kids adventure film about a group of Spacehikers.
    • The comedy film that follows the misadventures at tourist resort Club 'Con.
    • The found footage film about the reporter who stumbles upon a giant monster in the swamps of New Jersey.
    • The mockumentary about the making of Monstercon From Mars.
    • The antihero film that follows the Roadjammers.
    • The superhero film about Circuit Breaker.

I'd expect the Transformers spin off movies to be more inline with those sorts of stories than seeing big screen versions of Last Stand of the Wreckers, Beast Wars, Target:2006, Five Faces of Darkness etc