Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CashRewards.com.au

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Was the $450 item first or last on your list? Was there a time delay between adding the first and final items?

Sounds like we took the same steps. However we only did process 1 item per transaction per merchant (TV's & audio separately from Dicksmith/Good Guys).
    No delay. I saved each item to my watch list beforehand then started the process from logging into cashrewards. The item in question was the 2nd item i added to shopping cart when i was going through the process.

It's totally weird imo given how it's supposed to work. A number of users on ozbargain have also experienced their higher priced purchase didnt get cash back. Which has lead some people to believe something dodgy is going on.

Just to share my experience with cash rewards:

1) From everything I've found they are legit. They make money by getting a cut of your purchase from the retailer you are shopping through, so they act as a e-marketing company

2) I've had a number of transactions with them (approx 20) since I opened my account in Sept this year. Only recently did my first transaction become available as cash, so I've currently got $1.44 sitting as "available cash". As someone else has mentioned you need $5 to get through. Given it's now almost December, it takes ages for a transaction to come through as available (though majority of mine were acknowledged within 2 weeks). So just be wary of that, just because the transaction is recorded, don't expect a swift turn around to get the actual money paid.

3) I've heard of people having large value purchases go unrecorded, despite smaller transactions occurring during the same time frame being recorded (make of that what you will). My largest transaction (a few PCs from Dell) went through though, and that was a few thousand dollars.

4) Note that the cash rewards are taken on pre-GST amounts, so don't expect a raw % saving as you'd normally calculate them here in Aus.

Do I think it's worth it? Maybe. It is a pain to remember to go through the cashrewards website when making a purchase, and 3 months later I have yet to see a dollar. I guess I figure there's no real loss to me using it and there is some potential for gain.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have already redeem $40 paid into my bank.
    I have another $45 ready to go .

You be surprised the number of potential saving you can earn.
    Coles and woollies and target is in the program and so is bonds, chemist warehouse and a few others.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Nothing to lose by using it but it's just frustrating if you're expecting $10-$20 back on large purchases and for whatever reason it doesnt get recorded.

Galvatran Guest

Three year bump...

What's people's thoughts on cashrewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Three year bump...

It’s great. My only problem is I forget to use it.

Three year bump...

Their cashback rates have drastically reduced for a lot of sites that I use now (e.g. ebay and bookdepository from 5% to 1%). It's still something back but nowhere near as good as it was.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Galvatran Guest

My biggest reluctance in joining is providing personal data to loyalty programs such as these. I just don't know where it will end up.

My biggest reluctance in joining is providing personal data to loyalty programs such as these. I just don't know where it will end up.
    That's a good point. Haven't noticed an increase in spam calls in the past 2 years or so. I'm getting a lot more from corporate events sites I've signed up to in the past 12 months.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

hint use some old email account. works brilliantly