View Poll Results: Toy Review Brainstorm - worth buying?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 53.85%
  • Only if...

4 30.77%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Brainstorm with Teslor (Exclusive single pack release)

So, do we know yet if we'll ever see him released here (locally)? Would really like to complete my Headmasters.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

No mainline release confirmed yet, and no confirmation that we'll get this by way of our own retail exclusive agreement.

As of now the only way to get this mold is either the SDCC version, the Walgreens version, or the Legends version with remolded head.

Which is a shame because I've got a mad amount of love for this mold and would snap up a local release of this figure.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I think overall this Deluxe is better then the Voyager.

*It looks better in vehicle mode
    *And while I find the robot mode not QUITE as good as the Voyager, it is closer to the G1 Brainstorm rather then the IDW Brainstorm.
    *I also prefer the colours on this one.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I have Blurr as well but I have to say I am really quite happy to get TR Brainstorm as I really like the character, and even from generic standpoint I like the nerd/scientist/wizard characters. The Voyager looks like a very good figure also, which I do not own, but given that they don't seem to be planning to do any more of that style (i.e. Voyager Headmasters with that style, size, techspec etc) I probably won't plan to get that one... for me the utility of being able pose/display next to his Headmaster companions clinches it

In any case, here's my newest video review of this figure plus discussion on Autobot Headmasters in general:

Last edited by Gasaraki; 17th January 2017 at 03:17 PM.
    Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!

I got this guy through a friend who was visiting America for less than a local Deluxe even. He is alright but not worth the high markup online, his jet mode is passable, but the robot mode is his real strength, that and completing a full set of Autobot Headmasters.

I prefer him to the Voyager toy for reasons of scale, not just because he scales better with other toys, but also because for all it's size the Voyager toy has scout level engineering and does nothing to justify it's price point.

Overall a good retool of Blur, but I can't recommend him, unless you can get him for a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Overall a good retool of Blur, but I can't recommend him, unless you can get him for a reasonable price.
    Especially considering that:
    * Toymate sold the Voyager for $20 locally, and...
    * Even at full price, the Voyager was still cheaper than the import cost of this Deluxe

I've seen and fiddled with a loose Titan Force Brainstorm and it personally didn't inspire me to get the Deluxe when I already have the Voyager which I actually quite like (and the size doesn't bother me). The TR Brainstorm mould is still a bit "too Blurry" for me, although I do appreciate that they have retooled it as best they can to make it look like Brainstorm. And I do like the more G1-accurate head (although Teslor's humanoid mode is still based on Stylor and doesn't look anything like Arcana).

After getting the Walgreens Brainstorm, and borrowing the Japanese version from Justowen, a comparison of the five, to see that the
    Walgreens version has the Gen1 toy colours, while the SDCC 3-pack version has the GEN-14 colours (and the JP version is supposed to have the Gen1 cartoon colours)...

Gen1 - Walgreens - GEN-14 - SDCC - JP

Walgreens - Gen1 - SDCC - GEN-14 - JP

Of the three colour versions of the new Brainstorm, being a nostalgic collector, I prefer the aqua colours. The light blue of the SDCC version
    looks too faded and blue, while the mid blue of the Japanese version, is too blue (for me).