Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thundercats

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    oh they look sexy, love to hear your thoughts on them to see if there worth tracking down or not
    Probably not going to open them yet, but even in the box they look incredible! I wasn't going to worry about them but saw some reviews on youtube and they were all positive. So i figured ill go for them, and yea in the box they look great so out of the box they should be amazing! If you were thinking about tracking them down do it! you wont be disappointed there great

Where did you get them rampagesss? coz BBTS cancelled all preorders with non USA addresses as per Bandai USA orders apparently, which totally stinks
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

My guess our best bet would be ebay.

I actually emailed Bandi US asking about these (yes, sometimes I am THAT bored) and they said that there would be a global rollout over the next 6-12 months of them.

No comment on how much the prices will be though

Searched up Thundercats on Ebay AUS and someone had them, and i bought them as quick as i could!

Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    cool, would hate to try and get it through customs though

Apparently other online retailers besides BBTS were told to not sell outside the US for these.

I'm not that knowledgeable about toy industry but- Why are Bandai doing this? Is it because they want to force non-US people to buy locally? or is this a temporary ban until we do get them over here (i.e.: with media fanfare etc) - could we then still purchase online?

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Apparently other online retailers besides BBTS were told to not sell outside the US for these.

I'm not that knowledgeable about toy industry but- Why are Bandai doing this? Is it because they want to force non-US people to buy locally? or is this a temporary ban until we do get them over here (i.e.: with media fanfare etc) - could we then still purchase online?
    That is true, I ahve seen a fair few online retailers who wont sell outside US. Ebay is the only way you can get them here that I have found.

I emailed Bandai and they said they were doing a world-wide rollout of the toys over the next 6-12 months. Perhaps they wanted to test the popularity of the line before investing the amounts of $$ required to send them locally. Or perhaps they had limited quantities and wanted to give the US the most (or all) of the stock.

Got my 4 inch Mumm-Ra, 6 inch Lion 0 and Classic Lion O today.

Had a play with Muum-Ra and 2011 Lion o. I am pretty happy with them both. Mumm-Ra is limited, only 5 points of articulation (wrists, shoulders and neck).... But LionO is fantastic!!

Good balance and lots of options. Joints all over the place and his armour is hinged as well.

Lets hope he get sight beyond sight, since he can't see beyond his sword...

These six inch figures appear pretty good. hope they do more, So far only Panthro, Mumm-Ra (big mode) and LionO as 6. All the rest are 4.

Oddly, despite the request for online shops to keep orders to north america, the back of the box has spanish, english and french on them. They don't really tell you much either. I don't think it mentions the sword of Omens on liono's box or why he has a dagger and sword... Wasted opportunity there, as you are banking on people already knowing the cartoon first then the figure.

I have the Thundertank, Grune and mummy Mumm-Ra.

As a MOTUC collector, these are crap. As a Thundercats fan these still aren't that good.

Grune has rub marks on his shoulder because it rubs on the torso shoulder piece when it is moved and because of his long hair there is zero head movement. The weapons are a pit soft as well. He does have pretty cool articulation though for a 4 inch figure.

Mummy Mumm-Ra is basically a Happy Meal toy. His weapon does not fit and his posing ability is hindered by his lack of articulation.

The Thundertank isn't too bad but it does feel cheap. The 'arms' don't retain into their recess' very well and are very loose. It is not a play piece at all because it keeps falling apart. I don't play with my toys so any usual play by a child will end in frustration with it falling apart.

I have the rest of wave 1 of the 4 inch figures currently in transit so hopefully the others will be much better but I am not holding out much hope.

I can't stand the 6 inch figures only due to the ghastly black joint pegs which are more distracting on the larger 6 inch figures than the smaller 4 inch ones.

My personal belief is Bandai did not want to invest too much money on this franchise just in case it was not popular. They have even said in a recent interview that the popularity of the show and toyline was a suprise to them.

What that means is I am sure Bandai will start to invest more money in the line so the figures that have already been released will get a re-do and be of higher quality (and hopefully get painted joint pegs).

It may seem like I do not like these and, to be honest, there is nothing great about them. They are easily passable. However, the fact that Bandai could make this better, and the fact that I could get Silverhawks again, is enough for me to keep watching the line and probably pick up more than a few of the figures