Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat Thread

I recently picked up from my local CBS the Sub-Zero and Scorpion figures by Jakks

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    MAME is like an emulator for arcade games, for the first 3 Mortal Kombats (including UMK3) they are basically rips which means you ARE running the arcade version. Arcade gaming enthusiasts can make full arcade machines using MAME as their core program (I used to be subscribed to someone on Youtube that made an MAME-based arcade machine dedicated to mortal Kombat)
    MAME rocks, but it is just an emulator and being a multiple hardware emulator means it does cheat (dropping frames, minor graphical omissions etc) You probably won't notice, few do, but it is the best bet short of buying an actual cabinet.

Okay so what is the run down with Mortal Kombat?

Is it illegal to import? Is it just illegal to own?

Has anyone dealt with this place? If they're Australian based and I get it through them is it then legal for me to own it in Qld?

Quote Originally Posted by Burn View Post
    Okay so what is the run down with Mortal Kombat?

Is it illegal to import? Is it just illegal to own?

Has anyone dealt with this place? If they're Australian based and I get it through them is it then legal for me to own it in Qld?
    MK9 (the newest one) is banned in Australia. You could import it, but have to do it through certain stores/channels. Ask the folks over in the computer / pc gaming thread in this non-toy section that have this game how they got theirs.

Illegal to import, legal to own. Got mine from ozgameshop.com, they are not local though, uk based.

So what opponents do you guys have trouble beating? For some reason, no matter the difficulty I always struggle against Mileena, Quan Chi and Ermac... Oh and Shoa Kahn of course.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    So what opponents do you guys have trouble beating? For some reason, no matter the difficulty I always struggle against Mileena, Quan Chi and Ermac... Oh and Shoa Kahn of course.
    I havent had much trouble with scorpion, but I have found with shoa kahn the best way to defeat him is with projectiles from a distance and dont give him a chance to fight back or teleport hit him a couple of times jump away and then repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Illegal to import, legal to own. Got mine from ozgameshop.com, they are not local though, uk based.
    Just to add, it's illegal to own for WA residents. 360games is ozgameshop's sister site which is where I bought my copy from.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    None, I'm just that good

On a slightly unrelated topic but still on-topic, a movie has been green-lit after the success of Mortal Kombat: Legacy. I sure hope this gets the treatment it deserves.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    None, I'm just that good
    I actually get the feeling there is some truth to those words , sadly I'm a damn shadow of my former Kombatant self.

On a slightly unrelated topic but still on topic, a movie has been green-lit after the success of Mortal Kombat: Legacy. I sure hope this gets the treatment it deserves.
    How F***ing awesome is that huh?

Yeah let's hope that Warner don't butcher this greenlit movie by making it as patronising and corny as possible (though my guilty pleasures are watching both the old Mortal Kombat movies lol - 'Mother, you're alive!' 'Too bad! You will die!' XD