Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1424293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

Autobots run off clean Energon. Arguments are invalid.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Autobots run off clean Energon. Arguments are invalid.
    "You have power, you have energy, you have emissions: You get to choose two of them," said Don Hillebrand, the director of energy systems research at Argonne National Laboratory in Illinois, and the former president of the Society for Automotive Engineers.

In this case, Volkswagen prioritized power and fuel economy over meeting the state and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's emissions standards, Herner said

Time for bee to turn to the dark side! Bring on the black bee. < I will be tempted to buy one.

From Takara Tomy we now have Shockwave, and Hot Rodimus incoming. We also have a Legends Springer. Can we expect Kup, and Blurr to follow and maybe others? Will they be in the masterpiece line? or will they just do releases for the Legends line. I'm still hoping for a MP Galvatron even though there is a voyager announced for Titans return. Takara may just settle for the voyager. Does anyone want Kup or Blurr to be given the masterpiece treatment? Im not overly keen, because I feel these characters could be done as deluxes in other lines. Im hoping they show up as new molds in Titans return, and show up later in Takara's Legends line.

I wonder if since Combiner Wars has gone over so well if we will see MP Combiners? Seems like it would be a great profit center for TT since they would lock in most collectors into buying 5 or 6 figures. And it would make the 3rd party MP Combiners worthless.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I wonder if since Combiner Wars has gone over so well if we will see MP Combiners? Seems like it would be a great profit center for TT since they would lock in most collectors into buying 5 or 6 figures. And it would make the 3rd party MP Combiners worthless.
    There are no 3rd party MP combiners.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    How so? Even if there were MP styled 3rd party combiners I don't see how a TT release instantly translates to invalidating all unofficial efforts, the release of Combiner wars certainly hasn't stopped the proliferation of 3rd party Devestator or Menasor type bots. if you make a good toy somebody will buy it.

That said while I would kind of like to see a TT MP combiner but I have reservations, first TT would have to prove they could do it to the same quality as the other MP's. Also I'm a little combinered out myself, what happened to good stand alone toys? Myself I was kind of planning to use the TT Devestator as my MP stand in, what with his toon accurate bot modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    There are no 3rd party MP combiners.
    Yet...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There won't be any combiner mp as Titans devy is basically what people have wanted as mp and that has dashed everything. Sure it may eventually come but that's going to be far away

3p doing it will cost over 400 mark just for one

Looking at the pics of Ratchet it struck me, we still need a Sparkplug toy and his best team up bots don't have him.

I think he would be a good inclusion with an MP Hound (out of the remaining Autobots) or maybe Trailbreaker if Hound came with Chip?

If Hasbro ever release their own version of MP Ratchet, I think that it'd be great if it came with Buster Witwicky.

Given the MP line's preference for character model accuracy, would MP Jazz have door wings (like his G1 toy) or not?