Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did Madman Field Blend the Remastered G1 DVDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Okay had a look at the Remastered Season 1 discs 1 and 2 in VLC player. Deinterlace is off. I don't see anything like you saw with the frames merged together. The animation frame-to-frame looks "whole" to me, no ghosting/blurring that I can see in each scenes I looked at (including transformations and that same Jazz scene). Each frame looks like a complete animation frame, like you could screenshot it and it look right.

Codec information from VLC says:
    MPEG-1/2 Video (mpgv)
    Res 720 x 576
    Frame rate: 50
    Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUB
    Ok, I'm happy now. Two something years of wondering is over, I'm buying them next chance I get.

Now all I need is either Blaster, Perceptor or Defensor to show up in a movie somewhere, or even in one of the animated series... Or anywhere at all... Please!!!

i pooped a hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i pooped a hammer
    Cut back on the fiber dude.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Cut back on the fiber dude.
    I should think that means he's taking too many iron supplements.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    I should think that means he's taking too many iron supplements.
    GOD DAMN IT, ARMADA IS FIELD BLENDED!! WORSE, it seems to be the same atrocious perversion they used on the Japanese series'! I suppose Cybertron and Energon have suffered the same fate. That's over $200 NOT well spent.

A single field will affect several frames in either direction, either that's deliberate, it's been blend converted twice, or they blended frames, not fields (or an unholy combination thereof.)

So now I'm NOT happy. They're half the price on Amazon too.

I have just stumbled upon this thread while researching information on the Shout Factory NTSC release of the Japanese Headmasters series.

I have both the Metrodome (PAL region 2) and Shout Factory (NTSC region 1) releases of the US Transformers series 1-4. The Shout Factory release is far superior, and because it's US NTSC there is no field blending, which is a result of the telecine process in converting from NTSC to PAL. So buy the NTSC Shout Factory releases if you want the best in Transformers US Series 1-4:
    http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-C...0JI/ref=sr_1_3

I have spent a lot of time in tuning the ripping of the Shout Factory releases by trial and error using Handbrake, so that I can watch them on my tablet during my commute. I've now ripped them all and they look excellent.

I want to do the same for the Japanese Headmasters series, but I only have the Metrodome release and there is very noticeable field blending due to the telecine process. I'm looking at buying the Shout Factory release of the Headmasters series to resolve this, which is NTSC, so theoretically this should involve no telecine:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-J...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know if the Shout Factory release has any improvement on the picture quality apart from the obvious telecine?

Quote Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    GOD DAMN IT, ARMADA IS FIELD BLENDED!! WORSE, it seems to be the same atrocious perversion they used on the Japanese series'! I suppose Cybertron and Energon have suffered the same fate. That's over $200 NOT well spent.

A single field will affect several frames in either direction, either that's deliberate, it's been blend converted twice, or they blended frames, not fields (or an unholy combination thereof.)

So now I'm NOT happy. They're half the price on Amazon too.
    Armada and Cybertron are AWESOME, and Energon is ok.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Just a note for anyone interested in the Prime Blu-rays. Shout Factory's versions actually have a lower bit rate and noticeably worse picture quality than the Madman version. Unfortunately Madman only released one season on Blu-ray and if you intend to rip you will have to split the episodes on the Madman Blu-ray, which seems to be common across all their TF DVD's and Blu-ray.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Just a note for anyone interested in the Prime Blu-rays. Shout Factory's versions actually have a lower bit rate and noticeably worse picture quality than the Madman version.
    More reason to be annoyed that Madman only release season one...

Does anyone know if the Madman Remastered G1 complete dvd set have the crappy Rhino animation errors and the horrible added sound effects by Rhino/Magno Sound & Video?

This set http://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/14680