Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible lowering of GST threshold on parcels

Default Possible lowering of GST threshold on parcels

You know how you would ship your pile of loot before the value of it reached AUD$1000? That could change to as low as $20

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...21-gihfgy.html
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

say what now?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'm not concerned the slightest. We have an over abundance of regularly stocked new lines at Australian Retail.

So how would you pay it? If Australia Post collects it I'll be pissed because my local post office refuses to do parcel pickups. If they just do it the American way of report it on your tax return then I won't be at all worried.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I would imagine the easy/lazy way would be to have people keep a record of their foreign online purchases and voluntarily declare them on their tax-return, with the warning of stiff penalties if they are randomly audited by going through your bank statements (including Paypal) to see if you made any overseas purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I'm not concerned the slightest. We have an over abundance of regularly stocked new lines at Australian Retail.
    Ahahahahaha!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

this should only apply if the item is stocked on an Australian shelf.. I understand what they are trying to do by supporting retail and the high prices they think they can charge but if your importing something not even stocked in this country to claim a tax on that is messed up.

soon the government will be taking 100% of our wages and they will give everyone a house and a car and food vouchers
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    this should only apply if the item is stocked on an Australian shelf.. I understand what they are trying to do by supporting retail and the high prices they think they can charge but if your importing something not even stocked in this country to claim a tax on that is messed up.

soon the government will be taking 100% of our wages and they will give everyone a house and a car and food vouchers
    Supporting retail is what you are being sold. There is revenue to be had.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

"Supporting" retailer by slapping on a tax which means all the money just goes into the politician's coffa. It's never for the better of the people.

Oh man! I do 95% of my shopping from overseas online stores! I call shenaniigans on that!