Page 434 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 414424429430431432433434435436437438439444454 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 10408

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Has Deluxe Leadfoot actually been released by Hasbro in the US (or HK)?

I found an ebay listing for a Takara version (single figure with no Target logo) but can't find anything to say if that Target exclusive Hasbro deluxe ever appeared anywhere.

How, for the love of all things sacred, do you get G1 Sixshot's bloody legs to unfold?
    I just can't figure it out as I can't find any locking buttons or anything and I'm having to exert so much force that my fingers are literally at breaking point and yet his legs still remain F#$%ing steadfast!

I am loving the hell out of this figure, he's huge and awesome and I thoroughly thank Whoopy for him - But bloody hell!

Hooray!

I just figured out what I was doing wrong; it turns out that one has to slide the halves of the leg assembly away from each other, so that the outer-most edges of the purple lower leg portions are able to clear the turquoise hip section - allowing for the lower leg portions to rotate out properly.

The solution was right in front of me all along... how unsurprising.

Just a suggestion Hursti (you may be doing this already), try youtube when attempting to transform a figure for the first time. I find it a lot easier than the instructions with their coloured arrows.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Just a suggestion Hursti (you may be doing this already), try youtube when attempting to transform a figure for the first time. I find it a lot easier than the instructions with their coloured arrows.
    Indeed, it's a very wise suggestion and it's one that I do employ whenever I get stuck which does happen occasionally but with regards to this situation; annoyingly the 3 videos I found and watched either had him already in Bot mode or rather than showing the transformation they had just cut to the various modes - I couldn't catch a break.

Really, all it took was a little patience and keeping my one's eyes open; something I can forget to do from time to time.

uteiki is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Has Deluxe Leadfoot actually been released by Hasbro in the US (or HK)?

I found an ebay listing for a Takara version (single figure with no Target logo) but can't find anything to say if that Target exclusive Hasbro deluxe ever appeared anywhere.
    hi Paul

I don't think the Hasbro deluxe is released yet. Takara released their deluxe redfoot only last Fri in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Whoever said that Jazz was 'head' of Special Ops?

I don't recall any of his bios stating that he's the head of any special ops division for the Autobots... so I don't think he had any subordinates in that capacity. His Japanese tech specs bio lists Jazz's (Meister's) function as 副官 which is equivalent to a Staff Sergeant or Warrant Officer - basically acting as Optimus Prime's second in command. While that does place him in a position of authority, it's not explicitly as the head of a special operations division, but more as an officer of the Autobot forces in general - which is pretty much how the early episodes of G1 portrayed Jazz anyway.

But in the comics Jazz worked more as a special agent; at times he would might lead a team (e.g. "Man of Iron"), other times he would operate alone (e.g. "DIS-Integrated Circuits!"). But yeah, he wasn't portrayed as something like an MI6 boss or anything like that.
    You know I could have sworn I read it somewhere and... Oh oh oh! I found it!

Quote Originally Posted by TFWiki
    Jazz is Optimus Prime's right-hand man. Unlike Prowl, Prime's military strategist, Jazz responds well to change and improvisation. Whatever surprises the Decepticons spring, Jazz can deal with it. His position as Special Operations head calls for all the skills he possesses.
    Haha, I knew I wasn't making things up. I mean, it's quite possible that TFwiki is, but I think they're pretty reliable.

Also, do you have an answer for my original question of: who else is in Autobot special operations, if you feel so inclined that is? I know I'm digging this discussion up from a while back. (you can tell me, I'm not a spy).
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Given the loose command structure of the Autobots I'd assume it would just be like 'This is a Special Operation, take whoever has the powers you need. Oh, and Spike and Bumblebee of course.'
    But that's just a guess based on my impression of the G1 cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Given the loose command structure of the Autobots I'd assume it would just be like 'This is a Special Operation, take whoever has the powers you need. Oh, and Spike and Bumblebee of course.'
    I'm inclined to agree with this.

Recently we saw Jazz being stood down in his role as a Special Ops Agent... because the Autobots couldn't risk endangering their already tenious publicity by deploying Jazz on a special mission after he killed a police officer (in "Burning Chrome"). So instead Ultra Magnus, Prowl, Streetwise and several Skywatch went on the mission (then Jazz went rogue with Kyle Pennington on their own unauthorised special mission ) ("A Second Chance At Eden")
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 24th November 2011 at 12:58 PM.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Goktimus, this thread IS labelled for newbies and others to ask questions.

You've just spoiled a critical moment of a recent IDW arc, that I KNOW at least a few people still haven't read it.