Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New series of Generations toys coming this year?

Default New series of Generations toys coming this year?

We currently have the Fall of Cybertron Generations toys in release, but they were only intended to be a short-live series to cash in on the game that came out middle of last year. As such, the later waves were being released 2-3 months earlier than originally slated, as interest in the game dies off quicker than it did for WFC.

The Generations label (without the sub-title of FOC) has already recently been used for the Ultimate Giftset (Optimus, Jazz, Motorbreath, Thundercracker in the new 2012 grid packaging style), and the Asian Gen1 homage set (with the old 2010, red packaging style)... so after the FOC toys are done, will Hasbro go back to doing more Gen1 homages?

Quite possibly.

As Austin Powers once said, "How'd I miss those baby"... the latest issue of Toy Hobby Retailer magazine has been looking at me for about a month (sitting on my desk next to the computer), and I only just noticed that on the cover "Hasbro montage" (promoting it's major brands in its 90th anniversary this year), there was something to do with Transformers buried in the middle.

Taking a closer look, I realised that I didn't recognise the toy artwork at all... but knew that it was Gen1 Optimus (it is definitely NOT TFPrime or Movie Optimus), with a gun that appears to have truck parts on it (blue cab with windshield and lights, three sets of "wheels" on the side).
    So, could 2013 see a Generations line with a gimmick of convertible weapons like the Powercore Combiners or Arms Micron... with the weapons turning into drone vehicles instead of Minicons/Microns?

I guess we'll find out in about a month's time at the American Toyfair. But for now, enjoy this teaser...

And in case anyone is interested, Hasbro's anniversary logo...

Oooh roller is the gun then? Well I for one love minicons also tm partners that came with actionmasters. If they make the new versions like of those gimmicks combined, I'm buying!! They're already doing it in Arms micron series so it's not hard to extend it to generations line but hopefully they clean up the line more instead of making it a dumping ground for varied series molds rolled up in 1 packaging.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 12th January 2013 at 12:26 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Could this be connected to that (seemingly mythical) "40 Generations toys in 2013" I wonder?

Hope it's just IDW toys, that OP looks a lot like the current IDW OP

I'd like them to return to giving us bigger, more detailed figures as opposed to smaller simpler ones with big F off weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Hope it's just IDW toys, that OP looks a lot like the current IDW OP
    Agree 100%
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I really hope this happens and that the toys are at least on par with previous Universe/Generation releases like Jazz, Wheeljack etc. I don't want to see more cost cutted uninspired attempts like we saw for the FOC toys.

I hope they'll give us toys for some of the IDW characters like Rung... and yes, even Noddy (Tappet... wateva) An IDWverse Metalhawk toy would be heaps kewl too IMO

Need EJ Su F-22 Raptor seeker.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Good spotting! There are HEAPS more figures they can do.. bring it on!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

If they do end up releasing more generations figures that are good, i think i may be poor lol. With these and masterpieces and a few third party stuff coming out this year, as well as kreo stuff, im gonna have to move into a cardboard box