Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia

Go Back   Ozformers Transformers Club of Australia (otca.com.au) > Swindle's Saleyard > Ebay listings & Dealer Ads > Business & Retailer Feedback

Sightings/Sales

Old 26th June 2018, 12:05 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

That's great.
Now lock him up please.
Old 26th June 2018, 12:20 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

$47,000? Pretty sure it's more than that
WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Carnivac, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Eject, Frenzy, Firestar, Sinnertwin, Cutthroat, Blot, Bomb-burst, Octopunch, Bludgeon, Razorclaw, Rampage, Divebomb, Headstrong, Tantrum, Sideswipe, Cog, Firedrive, Lionizer, Battle Patrol, Race Car Patrol, Rescue Patrol, Optimus Prime MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
PRIME(HASTAK): Thundercracker ENERGON: Six Shot
Old 26th June 2018, 12:30 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
$47,000? Pretty sure it's more than that
Yeah, it'll just be for those who went to Fair Trading. Would be heaps more.
Old 26th June 2018, 12:32 PM
Rank 5 - Dedicated Member

Direct link to the Qld Office of Fair Trading site:

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/laws-regu...ble-toy-seller
Old 26th June 2018, 03:33 PM
Rank 10 - Admin

Quoted for future posterity...

Quote:
Consumer warning about online collectable toy seller

26 June 2018
The Queensland Office of Fair Trading (OFT) is warning consumers to avoid doing business with retailer Scott Dwyer and his online collectable toy business, Premium Collectables (www.premiumcollectables.com.au).
Queensland and New South Wales Fair Trading have received complaints about Mr Dwyer from 82 consumers, relating to warranty issues, not providing legitimate refunds, and failing to supply products after receiving payment.
Mr Dwyer is alleged to have received $47,097 by way of deposits or full payment, for products he has not supplied.
All complainants initially contacted Mr Dwyer to resolve the issue in line with his refund policy, but received little or no response from the trader.
Mr Dwyer was interviewed by the OFT and initially cooperated regarding this matter, but has since ceased to respond to official correspondence or enquiries.
Fair Trading Executive Director Brian Bauer said it was not acceptable to fail to supply goods consumers had paid for.
“Agreed delivery timeframes, whether long or short, must be met, as must refund policies,” Mr Bauer said.
“Ignoring consumers who try to assert their consumer rights is never the answer.”
Any consumers who have had similar dealings with Mr Dwyer and Premium Collectables can contact the OFT at www.qld.gov.au/fairtrading or call 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
Take note of that last paragraph - if you still have money or items outstanding, or had to go through a chargeback because he wouldn't refund your money or respond to your emails, please, send a message to through that link, even if you aren't in QLD, because they should get a more accurate picture of the number of people affected, and the amount of money he has kept (which could force other states to issue their own warnings, or file charges).
Old 26th June 2018, 04:52 PM

As I said on Facebook, good to hear this! I feel for everyone with money still outstanding. I feel very lucky that I got mine back through OFT.

With the website having been offline for days and his lack of response to OFT now, I wonder if he's trying to do a runner.....
Old 26th June 2018, 05:07 PM
Rank 6 - Deluxe Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
As I said on Facebook, good to hear this! I feel for everyone with money still outstanding. I feel very lucky that I got mine back through OFT.

With the website having been offline for days and his lack of response to OFT now, I wonder if he's trying to do a runner.....
He can run all he likes but this is going to catch up with him eventually. It just depends what ultimately happens to all the money that everyone is owed. Odds are now that recovery outside of chargebacks is not likely to occur. If you are yet to lodge a chargeback, you should do so immediately.

Otherwise, Fair Trading are after him, the police are investigating and a fair few customers are suing him. Seems inevitable that he will be bankrupted. Just depends whether the police will charge him criminally too.
Sales Thread
Old 26th June 2018, 05:49 PM
Rank 7 - Section Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
I feel very lucky that I got mine back through OFT.
How did that work?
Old 26th June 2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
How did that work?
Long and I had to also lodge a qcat application to scare full into giving me the money back through OFT. I agreed to drop my case with qcat if I got my money back. I got the money (I had paid by direct deposit) and then dropped the case - lost $100 on lodging the case and posting the documents all over the country.
Old 26th June 2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
Yeah, it'll just be for those who went to Fair Trading. Would be heaps more.
It was up to about $200,000 last tally (that I know of) that was done on facebook using numbers both from people that had gotten refunds and those that hadn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Take note of that last paragraph - if you still have money or items outstanding, or had to go through a chargeback because he wouldn't refund your money or respond to your emails, please, send a message to through that link, even if you aren't in QLD, because they should get a more accurate picture of the number of people affected, and the amount of money he has kept (which could force other states to issue their own warnings, or file charges).
Most people that got their money back through chargeback ended up washing their hands of things as soon as it was done, which is understandable.
However I agree, even if you got your money back if you had to do a chargeback to get it please contact fair trading and let them know your story so that he can never do this again.