Page 436 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 416426431432433434435436437438439440441446456 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Can he talk?
    LOL, which continuity to you want to talk about?

Hurstyverse: I'd say yes but via an internal communicator of some sort rather than out-spoken words; like a telepathy but not, more so via encrypted radio waves which is why Soundwave was required.
    (This would also work in hand with his whole 'stealthiness' aspect IMO)

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    LOL, which continuity to you want to talk about?
    Actually he spoke in every single G1 continuity, however it only happened once in the cartoon. You can see that here from 8:22.

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Actually he spoke in every single G1 continuity, however it only happened once in the cartoon. You can see that here from 8:22.
    Yeah, I knew about him having that 1 line in the cartoon but as the levels of consistency with the G1 Cartoon are rather suspect, so too the level of animation errors, I prefer to ignore this instance but I know that the majority wouldn't agree with this stance.

Ravage is the first Transformer that says anything in the Marvel comics!

Yup. Ravage most certainly did talk in G1. In fact it was Ravage's counsel that snapped Shockwave out of his stupor after his mind went berko in the Time Wars (Shockwave's mind is prone to going mental when he encounters an illogical paradox which he cannot compute). Ravage's voice in the G1 cartoon sounds nothing like he does in Beast Wars -- but hey, considering that he got a whole new body, perhaps he also changed his vocal circuits for that sexy Russian "So Mister Bond" villain voice.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Repeat ALL the things already said!

Any1 planning on adding NYCC TF Prime Arcee into their classicverse collection? would like some opinions, cheers
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Not that I have NYCC TF Prime Arcee, but hypothetically speaking if I did, I wouldn't. The reason is because she's a TF Prime toy (irrespective of G1 inspired colours) and I wouldn't lump TF Prime with CHUGUR.

If I did lump TF Prime with CHUGUR, then yes, I would include NYCC Arcee as my Classicsverse Arcee.

I can see reasons for and against including and excluding TF Prime from CHUGUR.
    Reason For: "WFC" Generations figures are already included in CHUGUR and TF Prime is meant to be in the same "Aligned" continuity as WFC. Thus there is canonical evidence (even if it is shoe-horned by Hasbro) to support the inclusion of TF Prime with CHUGUR.
    Reason Against: TF Prime's visual aesthetics looks very different from CHUGUR and doesn't look like they belong together. Also the combining of WFC/FOC + TF Prime continuities as a single continuity by Hasbro is kinda forced... many fans see them as separate continuity entities -- and if so, may feel inclined to set their TF Prime toys aside from their CHUGUR figures.

So I think it depends on whether or not I'd want to include or exclude TF Prime from CHUGUR... and while I don't have any TF Prime toys yet, my gut instinct is to exclude them. They just don't feel/look like Classicsverse to me at all (more like a movieverse-Animated hybrid).

I see no reason to include NYCC Arcee and exclude other TF Prime figures from Classicsverse based purely on her G1 inspired colours. Would you include G1 coloured movieverse toys in with your G1 collection? (e.g. G1 coloured Jazz, Rescue Ratchet etc.) Or would you include movieverse coloured G1 toys into your movieverse collection? (e.g. Protect Ironhide, Emergency Ratchet etc.) -- I don't know about you, but my Movieverse Legends Rescue Ratchet is placed firmly among my Movieverse toys, and my Protect Ironhide and Emergency Ratchet are among my G1 toys. I don't mix 'em around.

Maybe it's just me, but I would certainly never repurpose NYCC Arcee as Classicsverse Arcee. If I were playing with my Classicsverse toys and I really wanted to have an Arcee in there, I'd use Animated Arcee. She's the closest toy there is (that's licensed) to a G1 Arcee.

Ideally I'd like to see Hasbro give us a proper Classicsverse Arcee... no idea why they haven't already done it... is if it wouldn't sell like hot cakes!

From a less ideological viewpoint: nah, not interested. As Goki says she doesn't really fit the G1/classics look since Prime is more part Animated and part Bayverse. If I find a cheap one someday I might repaint it into a fembot Junkion but G1 Arcee she ain't in her plastic form.
    To date the best G1-esque Arcees are either 3rd party (I don't have any) or Animated Arcee (which is a pretty sweet toy).

I don't have any 3rd Party Arcees either, but I have seen them IRL and IMHO I find Animated Arcee to be a superior toy hands down. 3P Arcees look more G1-accurate, but I find them to be craphouse action figures (just too darn fragile! Yesterday I dropped Generations Scourge from a 2m height (it was an accident while I was playing with him in the park jungle gym ) and he's just fine... I wonder if Delicate Warrior could take such punishment).

...and this is all without factoring in price difference!