View Poll Results: Are you happy with the current price of $44.99? How much are you willing to pay?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • $44.99

3 15.00%
  • $39.99

7 35.00%
  • $34.99

5 25.00%
  • $29.99

5 25.00%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: FP Crossfire Side Story - Causality

Hmm...

I dunno about you guys, but the Munitioner Retool/paint sort-of also looks like G1 Micromaster Growl.
    Whilst the Explorer Retool/paint also looks like a mixed combination of G1 Micromaster Fireshot and Vanquish.

Could it be possible that these 2 are based on Micromasters you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Hmm...

I dunno about you guys, but the Munitioner Retool/paint sort-of also looks like G1 Micromaster Growl.
    Whilst the Explorer Retool/paint also looks like a mixed combination of G1 Micromaster Fireshot and Vanquish.

Could it be possible that these 2 are based on Micromasters you think?
    They are clearly meant to be Leyland and Shuttle Gunner from Operation Combination.

Very obscure tributes but not bad I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    They are clearly meant to be Leyland and Shuttle Gunner from Operation Combination.

Very obscure tributes but not bad I guess.
    I disagree. They're clearly meant to be Growl & Fireshot (maybe with some Vanquish thrown in) . Allow me to do some cut and pasting from another site...

I don't know my Micromasters (bar a couple), but for the Swindle repaint, the colour scheme and name is clearly referencing Growl - even the new weapons match his.

And Fireshot is probably correct too. Definitely looks like (a great improvement to) his headsculpt. Strange that they gave a Decepticon blue eyes though, but it probably looks better than red eyes on a pink face from an aesthetic viewpoint.

If they were original characters I may have passed them up, but I'm more interested now that they have pre-existing characters.

What will the other three be though? I don't recall any insectoid Micromasters, so perhaps the Micromaster theme will not apply at all 5 figures?

And sorry for the triple post... but I'm doubting they're 3 Insecticons either. Fans Project do a very good job of homaging the original characters. If they did Kickback or Shrapnel, there's be Kickback's signature wings or Shrapnel's lightning-attractor thingos in silhouette.

I don't have any better suggestions though.

Hmm..

Don't know what to think of these. If they are insecticons I'll definitely get them- but why pair them with the repainted blast off and swindle?

So far, haven't got any repaints of FP stuff- dunno whether I would get the repaints- are the heads remoulded? $100 for a pair of repainted figs is a bit steep.

There is just too much awesome stuff coming out next year with all the united/generations stuff, TFC devy, PE Reflector and other potential FP stuff, worried that I may not be able to get all of em. Hopefully they are spaced out through the whole year.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    So far, haven't got any repaints of FP stuff- dunno whether I would get the repaints- are the heads remoulded? $100 for a pair of repainted figs is a bit steep.
    Yeah, it looks like both heads are remoulded (and the Flameblast headsculpt is particularly cool). Also they have new weapons and possibly some further remoulding.

I'm hoping these might be a bit cheaper than Munitioner & Explorer, since if they don't combine then they won't need all those extra parts. So I wouldn't expect them to cost $50 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    I disagree. They're clearly meant to be Growl & Fireshot (maybe with some Vanquish thrown in) . Allow me to do some cut and pasting from another site...
    Thank you Oilspill, I knew I wasn't crazy!
    I looked at Warcry, with his colour scheme and that gun on his wrist, thinking: "Where have I seen this before?".
    I then looked at Flameblast and I thought: "There's got to be a connection here...".
    Sure enough, Warcry was a dead ringer for Growl and Flameblast's colour scheme matched Fireblast and Vanquish perfectly and since you've pointed out Fireshot's Headsculpt, there really is no other explanation huh?

Yeah, it looks like both heads are remoulded (and the Flameblast headsculpt is particularly cool). Also they have new weapons and possibly some further remoulding.

I'm hoping these might be a bit cheaper than Munitioner & Explorer, since if they don't combine then they won't need all those extra parts. So I wouldn't expect them to cost $50 each.
    I too reckon that there will be further remolding and refinements apart from just straight repaints, after all FansProject are fans by name and I don't believe they would take the HasTakTom approach as that is what they've built a market with - doing the opposite.

I also expect these guys to be a little cheaper as there really isn't a need for all the extra kibble, but I do hope that you're wrong on the Insecticon front - I reckon they could do an awesome interpretation of those characters but you do have a good argument, but maybe they're transformed in such a manner so as to not infringe?, maybe they have a transformation that 'officially' looks different enough but when conveniently mis-transformed they look exactly like who they're supposed to invoke?
    (A Bot can only dream... )

CA-03 doesnt look like an insecticon. it has 2 claw blades on each arm - kinda like wolverine.

i initially thought it would be a combiner but after seeing the pics of growl and fireshot - i'd have to agree there.

I don't know my Micromasters (bar a couple), but for the Swindle repaint, the colour scheme and name is clearly referencing Growl - even the new weapons match his.
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/9/99/G1-toy_Growl.jpg

And Fireshot is probably correct too. Definitely looks like (a great improvement to) his headsculpt. Strange that they gave a Decepticon blue eyes though, but it probably looks better than red eyes on a pink face from an aesthetic viewpoint.
    http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/1/14/G1...y_Fireshot.jpg

If they were original characters I may have passed them up, but I'm more interested now that they have pre-existing characters.

What will the other three be though? I don't recall any insectoid Micromasters, so perhaps the Micromaster theme will not apply at all 5 figures?
    Yeah, I stand corrected, I believe you are indeed correct. However it is still somewhat funny that they chose to do Micromasters rather than those 'Combination characters which use the same molds they were originally tributing.

However this somewhat makes it cooler for me so I may actually get them.

The MTMTE Character model here helps to make the tribute more clear:

Last edited by kup; 7th December 2010 at 01:51 PM.