Thread: December 2015 Transformers Comics & books

Default December 2015 Transformers Comics & books

Transformers comics & books for December, with cover images.

TRANSFORMERS #48
    Publisher: IDW PUBLISHING
    (W) John Barber (A/CA) Andrew Griffith
    CONQUERORS, part 3! It all comes down to this… the fate of the AUTOBOTS, the survival of the human race, and the existence of a post-war CYBERTRON depends on the two greatest heroes in TRANSFORMERS history: BUSTER the dog and D.0.C. the drone.
    Item Code: OCT150301
    In Shops: 12/16/2015
    SRP: $3.99

TRANSFORMERS #48 ARCHIE 75TH ANNV VAR
    (W) John Barber (A) Andrew Griffith (CA) Andrew Pepoy
    CONQUERORS, part 3! It all comes down to this… the fate of the AUTOBOTS, the survival of the human race, and the existence of a post-war CYBERTRON depends on the two greatest heroes in TRANSFORMERS history: BUSTER the dog and D.0.C. the drone.
    Item Code: OCT150302

TRANSFORMERS GI JOE TYRANTS RISE HEROES ARE BORN TP
    (W) John Ney Rieber (A/CA) Jae Lee
    Reprints the fan-favorite series set in World War II. Cobra Commander unleashes Megatron and the United States creates the G.I. JOE team to combat them.
    Item Code: OCT150317
    In Shops: 12/9/2015
    SRP: $19.99

TRANSFORMERS HOLIDAY SPECIAL 1
    (W) John Barber & Various (A) Josh Burcham & Various (CA) Casey W. Coller
    HOLIDAYS IN THE STARS! Three stories about three casts and three unique holiday adventures! You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll never look at CYBERTRON-or the holidays-the same way again!
    Item Code: OCT150304
    In Shops: 12/2/2015
    SRP: $5.99

TRANSFORMERS HOLIDAY SPECIAL 1 SUBSCRIPTION VAR
    (W) John Barber & Various (A) Josh Burcham & Various (CA) Agnes Garbowska
    HOLIDAYS IN THE STARS! Three stories about three casts and three unique holiday adventures! You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, and you’ll never look at CYBERTRON-or the holidays-the same way again!
    Item Code: OCT150305
    SRP: $5.99

TRANSFORMERS MORE THAN MEETS EYE #48
    (W) James Roberts (A) Hayato Sakamoto (CA) Alex Milne
    MIND GAMES! The crew of the Lost Light are caught off guard when a dead friend appears out of the blue. But there’s no time for a happy reunion: someone else has found his way onto the ship-someone with the power to tear the crew apart.
    Item Code: OCT150306
    In Shops: 12/30/2015

TRANSFORMERS MORE THAN MEETS EYE #48 SUBSCRIPTION VAR
    (W) James Roberts (A) Hayato Sakamoto (CA) Nick Roche
    MIND GAMES! The crew of the Lost Light are caught off guard when a dead friend appears out of the blue. But there’s no time for a happy reunion: someone else has found his way onto the ship-someone with the power to tear the crew apart.
    Item Code: OCT150307
    In Shops: 12/30/2015

TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE A NEW MISSION TP
    (W) Adam Beechen, Duane Capizzi (A/CA) Various
    A new generation of Transformers starts in adaptations of the celebrated animated series! The Great War has passed and Cybertron is rebuilt and harmonious, though leader OPTIMUS PRIME’s fate is unknown. But when an unexpected threat puts Earth in danger, a vision of OPTIMUS PRIME leads BUMBLEBEE to Earth with a team of Autobots to protect the planet. Get ready for the exciting first installment of Robots in Disguise!
    Item Code: OCT150314
    SRP: $7.99

TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE ANIMATED #6
    (W) Georgia Ball (A/CA) Priscilla Tramontano
    VEHICONS AMOK! When the DECEPTICON called STEELJAW stumbles upon three lost VEHICONS, he convinces them he’s on a mission from MEGATRON-a deception that puts them on a collision course with BUMBLEBEE and company!
    Item Code: OCT150312

TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE ANIMATED #6 SUBSCRIPTION VAR
    (W) Georgia Ball (A) Priscilla Tramontano (CA) Josh Burcham
    VEHICONS AMOK! When the DECEPTICON called STEELJAW stumbles upon three lost VEHICONS, he convinces them he’s on a mission from MEGATRON-a deception that puts them on a collision course with BUMBLEBEE and company!
    Item Code: OCT150313

TRANSFORMERS SINS OF WRECKERS #2 (OF 5)
    (W/A/CA) Nick Roche
    FROSTY RECEPTION! THE WRECKERS journey to Nome, Alaska to track down the number one suspect in PROWL’s disappearance-their former human ally, VERITY CARLO!
    Item Code: OCT150309

TRANSFORMERS SINS OF WRECKERS #2 (OF 5) SUBSCRIPTION VAR
    (W/A) Nick Roche (CA) Stephen Mooney
    FROSTY RECEPTION! THE WRECKERS journey to Nome, Alaska to track down the number one suspect in PROWL’s disappearance-their former human ally, VERITY CARLO!
    Item Code: OCT150310

TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE #10
    (W) John Barber, Tom Scioli (A/CA) Tom Scioli
    REMEMBER US?! The most titanic tale of the twenty-first century takes an unexpected twist-BUT WHEN HAS TRANSFORMERS VS. G.I. JOE DONE ANY LESS?! Expect the unexpected-then throw your expectations out the window!
    Item Code: OCT150315

TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE #10 SUBSCRIPTION VAR
    (W) John Barber, Tom Scioli (A) Tom Scioli (CA) Ulises Farinas
    REMEMBER US?! The most titanic tale of the twenty-first century takes an unexpected twist-BUT WHEN HAS TRANSFORMERS VS. G.I. JOE DONE ANY LESS?! Expect the unexpected-then throw your expectations out the window!
    Item Code: OCT150316
    September 2015 books and comics

October 2015 books and comics

November 2015 books and comics

December 2015 books and comics

January 2016 comics and books

February 2016 comics and books
    Last edited by griffin; 4th December 2015 at 03:41 PM.

I found this link over at TFW, and it looks to be from the writer of the Animated RID comic, claiming that issue 6 (in December) will be the last issue... due to a variety of reasons.

I’ve been waiting for this question to come along so I can answer - Yes, we were not given the green light to continue the comic past six issues. I’m turning in the script for #6 tomorrow and it will be the last issue in the regular series.
    There are a lot of factors that went into this:
    1. Almost all comics are pitched in short sets even if they are solicited as ongoing.
    We were originally only approved for four issues and it felt like an achievement to be extended to 6. As my editor said in the back letter of issue 1, I got the assignment because I wrote a pitch for Jem that didn’t make it so I know that Jem was originally only greenlit to 5. Littlest Pet Shop was also 5, but good hardcover sales brought it back for another round.
    2. Comics are sold to retailers, not fans.
    Kate Leth is a former retailer and her recent post about this is spot on. Everyone knows the system is deeply flawed, and I had a pretty good idea we wouldn’t have a long run before Issue #1 even came out. Stores do not take chances on TF cartoon tie-ins, and since the first book was solicited before the show had come out in the States, we think there is a good chance they weren’t familiar with the show. I frequently saw this comic end up in the all-ages section rather than the wall with the other TF books, and the typical retailer approach to an all-ages book is to buy a small number of issues and then let it run out without making another order and they’re frequently out of the book within a week of release. We struggled with that behavior all the way through the AE Strawberry Shortcake series so I’m more than familiar with it.
    3. It was not digital-first.
    But that’s how most of the fans I heard from seemed to be reading it. Some comic companies have a digital-first program, some don’t. It would take a lot of digital sales to make up for a poor performance in print and Comixology doesn’t publicly release those numbers the way Diamond does. Neither does the book industry by the way, it’s actually completely bizarre that we know this much about how comics are selling and as Kate says in her post, seeing those numbers also influences retailers. Side note: Digital-first series often pay lower page rates and have lower page counts. The industry is struggling to figure out digital publishing and the results are messy, but personally, that’s how I read everything I subscribe to so I have no right to tell people to buy differently.
    All of that said, the reviews were good and the fan response couldn’t have made me happier. Priscilla did a brilliant job and made everything easy. Hasbro LOVED this book and it’s possible more of it could come out in the future but I can’t give out any details! Thank you all so much for posting about the comic, sending me questions and letting me get to know you.
    So the mainline comic had to surrender the RID title for this bit of Hasbro marketing, and it only lasted 6 months.
    I wonder if the mainline comic will have the RID title reapplied to it a few months later.

Out next week should be Transformers #48, and two separate boxsets, each containing the first five TPBs that cover the first 22 issues of RID and MTMTE.

A preview of Transformers #48 has been released, and mirrored here.

Out next week are GIJoe/TFs #10 and MTMTE #48.

Previews can be seen at the links.

Also out next week is a (Christmas) Holiday Special, with a preview here.

Loving the look of the Christmas special, now to try and get into Parra with all the Christmas craziness to get them!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Out this week should be issue 2 of the Sins of the Wreckers comic, and a preview can be seen here.