Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TFCC Closing?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Or... they could be dropping the membership element of the Club completely, and just be a Convention organiser and online store.
    They've pretty much been that since the credit card shambles and their official forum dropped off the face of the internet, so I'd say this as the case. If it is to be so, they will just be another toy store, that do the botcon.

Kinda sad, so much wasted opportunities. I would like Hasbro to step in and slap some customer satisfaction conditions on the terms of the license to be honest.

Wonder what their twitter feed says...? Oh probably nothing, I even have trouble finding it most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    They've pretty much been that since the credit card shambles and their official forum dropped off the face of the internet, so I'd say this as the case. If it is to be so, they will just be another toy store, that do the botcon.
    So basically they will now become Men In Black from the 1990s... and we saw how that turned out as an online store hosting a fan convention that flopped and making heaps of exclusive toys that they couldn't sell.

I guess it's no surprise, as someone pointed out a few months back that their facebook banner lists themselves as a toyshop and collectables store.

Looks like I was wrong.... it is the end.

According to Pete's Facebook page, BotCon 2016 is basically going to be a farewell party to FunPub's Transformers elements.
    (a screenshot on TFW in case Pete pulls that facebook posting)

Looks like I might have to make sure I go to BotCon next year... just in case there isn't another one for a while, or at all.

I really hope that Hasbro are planning ahead like they did during the collapse of 3H in 2004 (in which they approached Brian the week before the 2004 Official Convention, with the offer of taking on the license).

(I think I've said enough about FunPub in the past, and people here know what I think of them, so I won't be kicking them while they are down... I am more focussed on what next for us in terms of an officially sanctioned Convention and Hasbro fan-targetted toys, as FunPub was the only source of Hasbro exclusives that weren't released by Hasbro (like SDCC exclusives) - TakaraTomy still has Ehobby, Million Publishing and TakaraTomyMall for collector exclusives.)

TBH, are we all really that surprised? Hopefully the license is picked up by someone or maybe Hasbro actually do it themselves.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

The recent comic ended the SG arc but introduced a few things

////////SPOILER ALERT/////////

(future exclusives?) a sg primus (Energon unicron colours), windblade (Prime arcee) and strongarm. It ended with a g2 megatron about to raid a new cybertron (some tf called gaea destroyed the sg primus and adopted the negative polarity and normal universe transformers)

Much as I dislike certain aspects of FunPub, I do feel bad for Pete. Seibertron have had him on their podcast a couple of times over the years and he comes across as a really great guy and massive Transformers fan.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Unlike yourself Griff, when their downfall is preceded by terrible customer service and basically a "How To" on running a fan club into the ground, I'm all for kicking them when they're down. That way you make sure they don't get back up again
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I wouldn't expect there to be any official convention after 2016. Hasbro will just do their panel at SDCC and that new mob will put on "expos" which are pretty different to conventions.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Unlike yourself Griff, when their downfall is preceded by terrible customer service and basically a "How To" on running a fan club into the ground, I'm all for kicking them when they're down. That way you make sure they don't get back up again
    I f'ing love you man

I'm planning a good ol' dance on their grave

Let's dance the robot