While looking up for further details on the comic pack I found at Big W, I dug up some interesting news.

Next year IDW will release a Transformers Classic Compendium, a single paperback volume reprinting the first 50 issues of the Marvel Comics series in one thick book.

It would most likely include the contents of their Transformers Classics Volumes 1-4 (which reprint 1-50), and presumably a second Compendium might include Voumes 5-8 (which reprint 51-80 and all the limited series - unfortunately keeping Headmasters out of order...)

Very limited details availble so far from Book Despository, Booktopia and Amazon.

Transformers Classics Compendium
By (author) Jim Salicrup , By (artist) Jose Delbo , By (author) Steve Parkhouse , By (artist) Ricardo Villamonte , By (artist) Don Perlin , By (author) Bill Mantlo , By (artist) Herb Trimpe , By (artist) Graham Nolan , By (artist) Frank Springer , By (artist) Alan Kupperberg

This is a huge compendium containing the first 50 issues of the classic Transformers comics series!

Format Paperback | 1148 pages
Dimensions 165 x 260mm
Publication date 17 May 2016
ISBN10 1631403982
ISBN13 9781631403989
The dimensions quoted put it at the same size as those Walking Dead compendiums which have about 48 issues each and are really nicely put together. I hope IDW can do as well as Image does those, because the TF book is so far more expensive.

Book Despository has it for $137.37 (down from $153.50), Booktopia has it for $160.95 (down from $201.99) and Amazon has it $60.16 US (but with a preorder price guarantee might be the best bet?!) Might not know the RRP until the May 2016 IDW solicitations come out.