Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zing Pop Culture Stores now stocking Transformers Generations toys

Default Zing Pop Culture Stores now stocking Transformers Generations toys

As people have recently been seeing this week, the Zing Pop Culture stores (owned by EB Games), are now stocking Transformers Generations toys from Hasbro Australia, like the major retailers.

There are currently 60 stores around Australia, adding to the options for most Australian fans, and the word is, the franchise is looking to expand significantly in the next year, giving us even more competitive options, as their prices are actually comparative to the major retailers.

So far the first wave of Deluxe, Voyager and Leader classes have been found in Zing stores, at the following prices...
    Deluxe - $30
    Voyager -$48
    Leader - $88

They may not be the cheapest prices in Australia, but considering that they probably don't yet have the buying power (bulk discounts) of the major retailers, they are still within the major retailer price-range, and a worthwhile backup option if you are looking for a particular loose end, without having to pay scalper prices or postage.

The toys haven't shown up on their online store, and I'm not sure if they will, but they also already have a number of non-toy items available for order.

What are your thoughts on this new franchise taking on Transformers collector toys, and will you be checking out their stores more often when out toy hunting, to see what they currently have in-stock?
    Last edited by griffin; 26th September 2016 at 06:02 PM.

A new Zing open in Wollongong Central so it will be added to my scouting list when looking in that shopping centre... always good to get more retailers selling them, as they are going like wildfire with this TF stuff!

So are they just showing up at dedicated Zing stores or does this include the EB Games stores that have a Zing section?

The store here in Gladstone is about 1/3 Zing and the main store up in Rockhampton is 1/2 Zing.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    A new Zing open in Wollongong Central so it will be added to my scouting list when looking in that shopping centre... always good to get more retailers selling them, as they are going like wildfire with this TF stuff!
    Yes we go into the Wollongong store primarily to check out the Star Wars stuff and to gaze at the awesome high end figures in the glass display. Sadly though they are lucky to have one Black Series six inch figure whenever we go there so I wouldn't expect them to carry a deep range or large quantities of Transformers. They seem more commited to POP vinyls. This has also been the case at the more established Shellharbour store.

I didn't know that EB Games owns Zing. The Zing at Wollongong is in fact right next to EB Games which only recently relocated from older side of the Mall.

I will have the W1 & W2 Titans Returns set up at EB Expo this week to show they are available at Zing. Hope they have the large posters there to give away. Setting these up tomorrow. See if I can take a few sneaky pics of the display
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So are they just showing up at dedicated Zing stores or does this include the EB Games stores that have a Zing section?

The store here in Gladstone is about 1/3 Zing and the main store up in Rockhampton is 1/2 Zing.
    No idea. Maybe ask them if they are getting in Transformers toys like the regular Zing stores.

Checked out the Wollongong Zing store on Sunday and saw their small selection of TR figures. Apologies for the blurry photo. Leaders at $88, Deluxe at $30. Definitely taking the EB Games strategy of full RRP pricing.

In fact, they actually had a few cases of the Rogue One Star Wars Black Series 6 inch Figures. But they were priced at $48! Didn't think Myer or TRU (each selling at RRP of $34.95) could be topped, but they did it!

They must be doing well though as the store near me only had 2 deluxe left after getting in the full range a couple weeks back.
    I guess people expect high prices in there and don't realise those are at the major retailers for a lot less.

saw the shop in Chatswood.... quite similar to what DaptoDog posted

very *cough *cough expensive

At my nearest EB Games store yesterday, I noticed that one whole side of the store had non-gaming products, looking more like a Zing store... so I asked about it, and was told that they were a hybrid store, and that they would be stocking toys like Transformers, and could order them in (or Zing products in general).
    So maybe this is the future for EB Games stores, or just a select few that are not near a Zing store, so as not to draw customers from visiting both... but allows more of us to have access to any of their exclusive or cheaper Transformers toys, if we have EB near us and no Zing around.