Thread: Classic G1 characters as 'separators' (duocons)

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Classic G1 characters as 'separators' (duocons)

What vehicle modes would you have for a G1 character, if they were to transform like a duocon?

I have coined the term "separators" to describe any transformer that transforms like a duocon

Edited for clarity
    Last edited by morg176; 9th October 2018 at 09:58 PM.

FatalityPitt Guest

I personally wouldn't want to be a G1 Transformer because I'm pretty happy with being a human

But if I were to design a G1-inspired character who was a Duocon, I'd probably aim to do something different. The two alt-modes would be a robotic eagle and wolf, and the character would be an Autobot. I don't think such a combination has been done before.

I have designed a few animal alt mode characters (separators). A wolf/eagle does sound like a cool comination. Maybe a rhino/elephant for ironhide?

Hubcap as a chicken and a bus.

FatalityPitt Guest

Why did the chicken cross the road?

... To form the mighty Hub-CAP-timus!!

Would you count Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme as honorary Duocons? Sky Lynx I’d say definitely however was there ever a time Omegas Base & Tank mode were seen activity doing something at the same time his rocket was actively doing something? I don’t think ever in the cartoon but in a comic maybe?

And would Optimus be a TrioCon? Or TrioBot as it were?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Would you count Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme as honorary Duocons? Sky Lynx I’d say definitely however was there ever a time Omegas Base & Tank mode were seen activity doing something at the same time his rocket was actively doing something? I don’t think ever in the cartoon but in a comic maybe?

And would Optimus be a TrioCon? Or TrioBot as it were?
    Hmmm, skylynx and omega supreme as honorary duocons (separators), as characters, yes, as made toys, I dunno because skylynx has individual modes (two animals that have their own vehicle modes), omega is tricky as he is more of a base former than a direct separator.

That being said, both characters would make fantastic duocon style figures (in the flywheels/skytread 2019 style), even if they were just deluxe or voyager size. Especially with all the modern articulation available now.

What modern modes would you have for each?

Prime, I thought he was a trinity. Where one component can survive without the other two, yet they cannot survive without the first. TBS ... what two components could prime separate into?
    Last edited by morg176; 20th October 2018 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    Hmmm, skylynx (the only tf without a vowel in its name?)
    "Y" are the consonants in Sky Lynx. "Y" can function as either a vowel (e.g. fly, sky, guy) or consonant (e.g. yellow, yet, Deployers).

"Y" is actually a letter from the Greek alphabet (the letter Upsilon), not the Classical Roman alphabet. "Y" is found in Greek words like ῠ̔πέρ (hyper), meaning "above" (or SVPER in Latin). The Romans used their letter "I" (e.g. MERCVRIVS = Mercury). Around the 5th or 6th Century CE, some Roman officials started using Upsilon but only when writing Greek words. But even then, Upsilon was approximated with the letter V (U in the Modern Roman alphabet). So "hyper" would've been written as HVPER.

I wonder if we could have a Rack'n'Ruin toy as a sorta Duocon. Both could have an alt-mode and individual robot mode, but then join side by side to become a 2-headed larger robot

Triple-changers into duocons/bots would work fine.

I also wouldn't mind some Micromaster combiners done in Battleslash/Roadtrap-style, if it meant we got some more obscure-character updates.