• Only if cheap

1 25.00%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 50.00%

Thread: Toy Review - Cyberverse Windblade (Warrior)

Default Toy Review - Cyberverse Windblade (Warrior)

Hi, I'm WINDBLADE
    Series - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Warrior
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 2
    Released here - Yes (12/2018)
    Approximate Retail Price - $32
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Cyclone Strike
    Main Colours - Red, black, sky blue
    Main Accessories - None

JET MODE

A surprisingly nice looking jet. While it's a fictitious model, there are some elements to the design which are reminiscent of what can be found on real jet fighters. It feels like they've tried to ground this jet mode (no pun intended) with more realistic looking design motifs. The downside is that the jet is held together with a number of tabs that kinda pull against each other and it can be a small game of Whack-A-Mole where clipping one set of tabs together undoes another. Also zero attempt to conceal the hands.

ROBOT MODE

A pretty nice looking robot mode. The China doll like head sculpt with a pearl white face works well, and this toy has more blacks and blues accentuating the figure which helps to break up the red. This was something that was sorely lacking in RID Windblade (I know that TakaraTOMY did better with LG Windblade).

The Cyclone Strike gimmick actually works. Pulling up and down on the nosecone section makes the wing turbines swing up and down, and in doing so makes them spin. That's pretty neat! And it's not too intrusive a gimmick either.

The articulation on this toy is also pretty good. So much so that you almost forget that it's Cyberverse... until you try to make the forearms swing inwards or try to turn the head. Oof. A head joint exists but the toy is sculpted in a way that it makes swivelling the head impossible. You can just jiggle it side to side. Other drawbacks are that the wings have no articulation, so they can't swing back to give the arms more space. And there's no sword. Really.

Overall
    Much like Shockwave, this toy is really nice by Cyberverse Warrior standards, but mediocre by the standards of Deluxes/Warriors of other lines. Thus, as with Shockwave, I can only mildly recommend this toy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Approximate Retail Price - $32
    Wait, what? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    Wait, what? Seriously?
    Full retail can be $32~35. Obviously sale prices are cheaper -- I paid $23 for mine at Target's current toy sale. But yeah, Deluxes have been at that range since this year, had you not noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Full retail can be $32~35. Obviously sale prices are cheaper -- I paid $23 for mine at Target's current toy sale. But yeah, Deluxes have been at that range since this year, had you not noticed?
    I guess I always go for ones which have been around for a while or on sale....

I guess to me the look and feel of these seems to be cheaper in quality than previous releases while the price continues to go up. But I can only say that at face value since I haven't seen them in person.

Quote Originally Posted by TaZZerath View Post
    I guess to me the look and feel of these seems to be cheaper in quality than previous releases while the price continues to go up. But I can only say that at face value since I haven't seen them in person.
    The quality of Cyberverse has absolutely dropped while prices have risen. Even with sales prices they're hard to justify.

POTP Deluxes are just as good as recent DLXs (e.g. CW, TR), and the Siege Deluxes show improved quality -- not quite at the pre-2011 CHUG level, but notably better than what we've had in recent years. Siege Flywheels still blows my mind... the fact that I can compare him with Leader Class Overlord speaks volumes about how great this toy is. Just amazing.

A bunch of 13 year olds saw my Cyberverse Warrior Bumblebee this morning and even they commented on how cheap the toy looked (particularly the baby-blue painted windows... it is coloured more like Rescue Bots Bumblebee)

I like her ( I need 1 of ever Windblade ever released, no matter the quality ! ) and the transformation is simple like the Rid release, but it feels cheap not to give her a sword, and even holding a spare Windblade sword (katana?) her elbow is a pin joint not ball socket so less posable. Face paint is nicer than rid though

I'm far more impressed by the scout version and her action feature
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!