Page 14 of 76 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

On a happier note, here is what I have done with the Snake Man-At-Arms I was forced to buy:

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I got sent the warning and after that, our posts got deleted! That's it, we are banned

The thing is that we weren't repeating the analogy, just correcting that guy's reversed interpretation of it. How are we the "beaten wives"? lol
    Lol, I know - moron! I hope you let the Mod know that (not that they will care). But why send you a warning now? They started deleting your stuff like an hour ago? They should've warned you then. If it's because of you clarifying just a few mins ago, then you should definitely complain!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Lol, I know - moron! I hope you let the Mod know that (not that they will care). But why send you a warning now? They started deleting your stuff like an hour ago? They should've warned you then. If it's because of you clarifying just a few mins ago, then you should definitely complain!
    Nah, it's like complaining to the Gestapo that you are being treated unfairly.

I'm seriously considering reporting the guy who says Cherry Picker's money is no good compared to Subbers!! That sort of nonsense is what Scott relies on. I could say the post emotionally distressed me or something. People seem to get warnings for far less!

I'm seriously considering reporting the guy who says Cherry Picker's money is no good compared to Subbers!! That sort of nonsense is what Scott relies on. I could say the post emotionally distressed me or something. People seem to get warnings for far less!
    Go ahead, that's the sort of tactic these morons are using to go against the 'battered wife' analogy. To me, it is distressing how given in and indoctrinated some of these people are.

I'll support you if they come back with crap.

Go ahead, that's the sort of tactic these morons are using to go against the 'battered wife' analogy. To me, it is distressing how given in and indoctrinated some of these people are.

I'll support you if they come back with crap.
    Cheers man! Some of the crap coming from these guys is truly astonishing!

On a related note, I really don't know what to make of this whole 2013 Sub/Line in danger thing now. At first, as many of us did, I thought it was Scott's scare tactics. But now, I'm reading lots from people who have "inside information" about how the line really is doing badly. Now, granted it's only 1 week in to the sale... but what do we make of this? I only ask because EXACTLY (I mean EXACTLY) the same thing happened last year with the Ghostbusters' Sub... right before it got canned. If it hadn't happened before with one of Scott's brands I wouldn't be worried...

Cheers man! Some of the crap coming from these guys is truly astonishing!

On a related note, I really don't know what to make of this whole 2013 Sub/Line in danger thing now. At first, as many of us did, I thought it was Scott's scare tactics. But now, I'm reading lots from people who have "inside information" about how the line really is doing badly. Now, granted it's only 1 week in to the sale... but what do we make of this? I only ask because EXACTLY (I mean EXACTLY) the same thing happened last year with the Ghostbusters' Sub... right before it got canned. If it hadn't happened before with one of Scott's brands I wouldn't be worried...
    I was expecting the subs to undersell this year. Since January it seems that all the issues associated with the line has magnified in volume. There is also the fact that a sub no longer guarantees you the figure as the Fisto and Sorceress debacle showed.

I just made a post counteracting that guy's weird reasoning which outlines just some of the issues that have eventually driven people away:

Dude, no company with any sense would purposely alienate large buyer demographics like Mattel is doing now. What sort of company says 'Your money is not good enough for us, get lost'

No one is saying for the subs to stop and according to Scott himself, the line has been successfully performing with a 'Sub+DOS' system. The subs assure the minimum and the Day of Sales increase the profit margin. What they want to do now for some retarded and incomprehensible reason is get rid of that 'extra' money they would get in the Day of Sales.

The Sub+DOS system itself is not at fault, there are plenty of other reasons why the subs are down this year and since it seems that you have failed to notice the world around you for the last year and more, I will point them out for you:

a) Subs are down due to super crappy Customer service which took a high peak this year.
    b) Subbers are no longer guaranteed a figure (Remember the Fisto debacle?)
    c) Scott consistently uses scare tactics and deceit to get his way which is a huge insult to the paying customer.
    d) QC had taken a dive
    e) Figure Quality (Material, paint apps, accessories) has been largely reduced.
    f) Stupid and ill thought out character assortments leaving subbers with a good amount of unwanted figures they can't even sell.

This is why subs are down and the line in danger and it all falls on Scott's bad management of the line. I can go on and on, do you want me to? :hmroll:

I was expecting the subs to undersell this year. Since January it seems that all the issues associated with the line has magnified in volume. There is also the fact that a sub no longer guarantees you the figure as the Fisto and Sorceress debacle showed.

I just made a post counteracting that guy's weird reasoning which outlines just some of the issues that have eventually driven people away:
    Haha... you love it don't you Still, you're explaining yourself better than I am. Actually, I think part of the reason people get confused is they don't read the posts properly! Then, other pricks jump on you, like you're a rich cripple in the London riots. And then, the inevitable preachy "why can't we all just get along" posters... usually accompanied by some snide remark in their last sentence!

Haha... you love it don't you Still, you're explaining yourself better than I am. Actually, I think part of the reason people get confused is they don't read the posts properly! Then, other pricks jump on you, like you're a rich cripple in the London riots. And then, the inevitable preachy "why can't we all just get along" posters... usually accompanied by some snide remark in their last sentence!
    Yeah it is kind of fun

Lack of reading comprehension skills is sadly very common not just at the Org but at TFW2005 and other boards. At DM.Net it's a running joke. They are usually from the same types of groups too.

Anyways, I think we have hammered in our points more than enough for tonight. Some of the people there have an ideological stance on the subject which is almost religious in nature. We could be posting our points to them throughout the night and they still would not understand as they only read only what they want.

Like that guy said, they manufacture their own reality.

Anyways, thank you for a fun evening

*Sigh* I really am a Battered wife*lol.

Seriously, despite the crap Toyguru feeds us, despite the downright rude entitled posts from the US members of the org i still want my MOTUC.

Of course this is the exact same type of bs that happened around sub time last year and i have to keep looking at my MOTUC shelf to reassure myself that I WILL get them, sub or no sub.

And yeah, it's shame that we can't tell the thought police on the org to eat a bag of d*cks. I've stopped posting there pretty much as the only things i can think of to say is an endless stream of verbal abuse at their idiocy.

*Spousal abuse IS Not funny. (Except in the instances where it makes you laugh)