Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two MPs are out, and with pics

Default Two MPs are out, and with pics

Out last week in two continents are two different Masterpiece Seekers - Sunstorm in Japan, and Thundercracker in America. (images at each of those links)

Each one uses the MP-11 Starscream modified mould.

(I think the "extra" painted decos on the Thundercracker spoil it a bit)

Do wish to purchase both, but lack of finances is limiting what I can purchase.

Strange that Thundercracker has two pilots ..

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

(I think the "extra" painted decos on the Thundercracker spoil it a bit)

I agree. Not a fan of all the added detail. I'm glad I have Takara TC. While I'm sure the mold itself is somewhat superior to MP03's mold, my three MP seekers are at least identical.

Even in Sunny colours I still don't really like that mold. I don't know, maybe the cockpits a little too big compared to the rest of the chest? At least to me.

You have to wonder what they went through to come up with the TC release based on that persons comments:

. The sidewinder missiles are included, but I don't think there's anywhere to store them in jet mode, as his null ray blasters are now permanently mounted to his arm. The two face gimmick is absent, but the instructions still refer to it, as they're the same for the old MP Seeker figs.
    Wtf Hasbro!

I don't like this sunstorm. It almost tempts me to get the Igear knock off due to pricing and better colors. I don't like how Hasbro/Tomy likes to make him yellow instead of Orange like the Ehobby/DW portrayal.

Yeah the extra details on thundercracker are overdone. Slight disappointment. Overall he looks quite nice. Hoping he goes on sale, like Rodimus.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I don't like this sunstorm. It almost tempts me to get the Igear knock off due to pricing and better colors. I don't like how Hasbro/Tomy likes to make him yellow instead of Orange like the Ehobby/DW portrayal.
    Sunstorm, the yellow turns me off as well, and the white dosen't help either. Orange with yellow and white would be better. The crown and cape seem wrong also, shame the crown wasn't melting and the cape was on fire.

I will try and save for Sunstorm but with Lambor, Alert & Soundwave all coming soon it looks likely Sunstorm won't make it to my shelf
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Agree with the over-brightness of Sunstorm. Should have been a darker yellow/orange. Being expensive, hopefully it's price will drop a fair bit before I eventually order one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Do wish to purchase both, but lack of finances is limiting what I can purchase.
    After seeing some of your recent purchases, including 2 SDCC Bruticuses... I thought your new job musta been paying really well.